Intoxication meter in France 2012

I have read on another truck site (yes there are more) that Sarkozy is pushing ahead with severe conditions for drivers in France in order to cut road deaths.

To this end there will be (proposed) that all vehicles must be equipped with a handheld alcohol level measuring device to produce at the roadside. Best you can bet that it will be a 400€ fine for not having one AND it will have to have a CE approval mark, no cheap Chinese stuff here!

Ive seen them for sale in UK (Halfords etc) but not sure if they are CE approved.

If you have a Scania or Volvo, they are available as an optional extra. Over the limit, truck wont start.

Another piece of kit rolling around the cab!

I was reading this on a French truckers site , it has not yet been passed as law.

Already been posted;

I have just renewed my insurance here in France and my company has informed me that it is compulsory to carry one in your vehicle from 1st April 2012, they can be bought for 1 to 2 euro’s from most French supermarkets and garages, and the fine for not having one in the vehicle is 190 euro’s.

Sapper

sapper:
I have just renewed my insurance here in France and my company has informed me that it is compulsory to carry one in your vehicle from 1st April 2012, they can be bought for 1 to 2 euro’s from most French supermarkets and garages, and the fine for not having one in the vehicle is 190 euro’s.

Sapper

Anyone caught without a kit will face a €17 ($23) fine. :exclamation:

That is a huge difference for a fine

Groupama sent out a flyer saying it was a 190 euro fine for not having one in your vehicle as from I/I 2012

Presumably some French manufacturing company is heavily involved with this equipment and the French government has altered the law to send trade their way, a bit like the Germans, Siemens and tachographs (Or the Germans, I.G. Farben and concentration camps).

Harry Monk:
(Or the Germans, I.G. Farben and concentration camps).

Ouch! The Treaty of Trianon rises again :exclamation:

kerbut:
Groupama sent out a flyer saying it was a 190 euro fine for not having one in your vehicle as from I/I 2012

i got my missus a great deal on a massage from them for christmas

Marcelleke:
I was reading this on a French truckers site , it has not yet been passed as law.

It is, but only for buses carrying children: motoryzacja.interia.pl/wiadomosc … ch,1742800

orys:

Marcelleke:

It is, but only for buses carrying children: motoryzacja.interia.pl/wiadomosc … ch,1742800

Got to love Google translate…

A serious offense is the use of radar or GPS devices equipped with such functions. The use of such equipment threatens the mandate of one and a half thousand euro and the loss of six or half points.

In France, this new provision applies to every other the driver . Several manufacturers of GPS s jointly decided to make life easier for business owners and their equipment can be przestrajać on the website specially launched by deleting the program, warning of approaching the radar.

Stricter regulation also applies to conduct vehicle and simultaneous talking by mobile phone, which is the French custom of numerous repeat the drivers . You can be 135 euros mandate and subtracting 3 points from a driving license. The same amount you will pay for unjustified emergency stopping lane or driving on it.

Increasingly frequent phenomenon seatbehind the wheel and watching a DVD movie will cost fifteen hundred euros and 3 points. Motorcyclists must have reflective jackets and signs on school buses will be equipped with devices for measuring the level of alcohol in the body of the driver.

Sorry, I was to paste the link to the thread next doors, where I translated it, not to the original article: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=79276