Intifgement Or Not?

I work for a firm, where you could potentially some days be sat an hour plus waiting for a unit. So I go to the yard and strap the trailer. Then go and sit in the coffee hut with seats and chat with other drivers.

So on this day I did manual entries in this example 30 mins on Work, then 31mins rest (while trying coffee away from the trailer and work). Then on other work with normal mode selection with my card in as normal which checking the unit and lights. I then drove 3 hours to the drop and tipped. I then had 31 mins further break. The taco head reset the drive time and seemed to agree with my practice. I have also done this a few times, but the office has a new computer and its says “no” I exceeded my drive time because it isnt taking into account the first 30 mins, yet it does show it on the download. :unamused:

Thoughts please…

Carry a print out for it ■■

Don’t think it count’s as a break if you don’t do any driving, not sure, technically it should be POA at the start anyway shouldn’t it?

You have to have done some driving to take a break from driving. :wink:

From what you have described the first break you recorded would be OK towards the working time directive but not the 4.5 hours driving break. All you need do is move the truck slightly with you card in to record 1m driving - then have your break etc, then your 3 hour drive, then your break and you’d be OK

So no - the first break did not count.

kev909_2000:

Yes - you’ve committed the ‘crime’ now and nothing can undo that so carry a print out to explain and it’ll all be fine.

For any break to count as a driving break you need to show 1 minute driving minimum before that 1st break .
Having a break before would only count as a WTD break .

Why should it be POA TimberToad

And remember: don’t bend over in the showers.

kev909_2000:
I work for a firm, where you could potentially some days be sat an hour plus waiting for a unit. So I go to the yard and strap the trailer. Then go and sit in the coffee hut with seats and chat with other drivers.

So on this day I did manual entries in this example 30 mins on Work, then 31mins rest (while trying coffee away from the trailer and work). Then on other work with normal mode selection with my card in as normal which checking the unit and lights. I then drove 3 hours to the drop and tipped. I then had 31 mins further break. The taco head reset the drive time and seemed to agree with my practice. I have also done this a few times, but the office has a new computer and its says “no” I exceeded my drive time because it isnt taking into account the first 30 mins, yet it does show it on the download. :unamused:

Thoughts please…

As others have said the first break would not count towards the driving breaks because you hadn’t done any driving.

I don’t understand why the tachograph would have reset the driving time because from what you’ve said it certainly shouldn’t have done, I can only assume that either what you’ve written here is wrong or you made a mistake with the manual entry.

I’ve written about this before Tachograph. On occasion at our place we’re sat in the canteen waiting for trucks to come back at the beginning of our shift. When I get in the truck I’ll do a manual entry for 5 minutes other work at the start of shift then X amount of minutes waiting for the truck to come back. The problem is, if that manual entry for break is between 15 and 44 minutes long it’ll show up on the tacho as a driving break and will then reset after another 30 minute break.

Just another fault to add the ever growing list of problems with Siemens tachos :unamused:

Double post