interview

I may have a chance of a job, tramping, doing bulk tipper work (grains, not metal), sounds quite good. Spoken with the company, the Guvnor sounds pretty honest, said it’s graft and I’ll be away 4 nights a week, every week, and no holidays in August 'cos it’s harvest time etc, my wife is really supportive and say’s I should try and go for it. Feeling quite excited about the prospect of driving around the country, seeing some nice country side (alot of Farm collections) as well as the motorway network. What should I look out for guy’s■■?

i never done bulk work but if you have not already get yourself a decent map n a phone for google maps i ben to a few farms before and it always pays to do a bit of homework before hand other than that id say make sure your legal weight wise and enjoy yourself

cliffton 27:
i never done bulk work but if you have not already get yourself a decent map n a phone for google maps i ben to a few farms before and it always pays to do a bit of homework before hand other than that id say make sure your legal weight wise and enjoy yourself

This^^^ You will also become quite friendly with the V men and Plod as a Bulk driver! :wink:

Well, if it were me, I’d be “looking out for” why the missus seemed so keen on me being away for 4/5 nights a week.

I’ve been in transport for long enuff to know that most trampers (who are still married) seem totally oblivious to the fact that none of their kids look like each other, never mind like ‘Dad’.

But that’s just me. Most trampers seem to be happy with their lonely & celibate lifestyles.

Go for it. :smiley:

Chas:
Well, if it were me, I’d be “looking out for” why the missus seemed so keen on me being away for 4/5 nights a week.

I’ve been in transport for long enuff to know that most trampers (who are still married) seem totally oblivious to the fact that none of their kids look like each other, never mind like ‘Dad’.

But that’s just me. Most trampers seem to be happy with their lonely & celibate lifestyles.

I’m 45 years old mate, been celibate for years, Mind you the Mrs hasn’t!!! :smiley:

Chas:

You are obviously not married as 4-5 nights between getting your end away is well below standard practice for a married man! Best bet stay single

Seriously. you cant beat the job IMHO. You never quite know what you will be doing and where. I work for the Pink truckers, and its the best TYPE of haulage that Iv done. Yes graft is hard, but can be rewarding. What you will need is a PHILLIPS NAVIGATOR truckers map book. It has at least 75% of farms in it. You get spot on directions from the farmer - by phone. Get used to narrow lanes, mud + cow ■■■■. Sometimes long waiting times - esp Earith, Brocklebank, Nelstrops, G3 and Rank Hovis & Cerestar manchester.
Apart from that vosa seem to leave us alone so cant agree with what the others haven said on that score, a working weigher is a must!

NewLad:
You are obviously not married as 4-5 nights between getting your end away is well below standard practice for a married man! Best bet stay single

Please get an adult to help you read what I wrote :smiley:

lightning:
You get spot on directions from the farmer - by phone.

"Aarghh, bygorrah. Izthee daft lad?, Ton lift it yon bloo gait an wez just darn theear be the T’oss in feeld.

squibbo:

Chas:

I’m 45 years old mate, been celibate for years, Mind you the Mrs hasn’t!!! :smiley:

Im gonna wait for someone else to say it, just in case i’ve got the wrong end of the stick LOL.

Saaamon:
Im gonna wait for someone else to say it, just in case i’ve got the wrong end of the stick LOL.

I used to have so much respect for you, but it appears that your mind is just as filthy as mine.

squibbo:
I may have a chance of a job, tramping, doing bulk tipper work (grains, not metal), sounds quite good. Spoken with the company, the Guvnor sounds pretty honest, said it’s graft and I’ll be away 4 nights a week, every week, and no holidays in August 'cos it’s harvest time etc, my wife is really supportive and say’s I should try and go for it. Feeling quite excited about the prospect of driving around the country, seeing some nice country side (alot of Farm collections) as well as the motorway network. What should I look out for guy’s■■?

ME LEAVING YOUR GAFF! HTH! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: