Interview

Hi Guys,

Didn’t know where to put this as I also have a question, and I know I might get more views/replies here :wink:

I have finally had an interview after about sending off 70 CV’s, making a Number of phone calls and also visiting Companies around my area, since I passed 2 weeks ago. Interview went well according to the TM interviewing me, told me I had the right attitude etc and that they would prefer people who recently passed their test, so they could train me on their equipment and how they want me to be, though he had another 10 applicants to see as I was the first, so fingers crossed, only problem I might have is that I could only start on the 26/03/2012 due to current notice period, an they would like the successful candidate ideally to start Monday. :stuck_out_tongue:

Now to my question, does anyone on here know what its like to work for Tuffnells as thats who I had my interview with? Either from here say or even someone who has worked there themselves.

Thanks

Gareth :sunglasses:

There is a lad working on Tuffnells who posts here. If offered the job I personally would tell them you will need to give proper notice before you can start the new job, it shouldn’t be a problem. If they really need someone for that week that’s what agencies are for.

Dont know about them,but you could ask our Office leaving early and the Reason.

44 Tonne Ton:
There is a lad working on Tuffnells who posts here. If offered the job I personally would tell them you will need to give proper notice before you can start the new job, it shouldn’t be a problem. If they really need someone for that week that’s what agencies are for.

That is a very good point, well I had already managed to shorten my notice period by a week for it, so hopefully they were very happy with my attitude and are willing to wait, as it would be a good start for me. :smiley:

im sorry to say it,but if they want somebody to start monday then thats what they`ll get,unless all of the other candidates are no-hopers

commonrail:
im sorry to say it,but if they want somebody to start monday then thats what they`ll get,unless all of the other candidates are no-hopers

And would be a good indicator of the kind of boss you have at that depot, i.e. one who plays fast and loose with everybody. Not the sort I would give up another job for.

compay need a driver to start monday,so the sucessful candidate will be the one who can best fill their requirements

commonrail:
compay need a driver to start monday,so the sucessful candidate will be the one who can best fill their requirements

Well he did say Ideally Monday, as there is plenty of training given, so the driver wouldn’t be out doing own loads for a week or 2… Guess they just want someone in place ASAP.

Still not getting hopes up as there might be a better suited candidate.

if you are better in other areas than the other candidates then they might overlook the fact that you can only start at a date that is less than ideal for them.
however you just might fall lucky…fingers crossed

commonrail:
if you are better in other areas than the other candidates then they might overlook the fact that you can only start at a date that is less than ideal for them.
however you just might fall lucky…fingers crossed

Thanks

I’m keeping everything crossed that I can :smiley:

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

Well I had the awaited phone call today.

And so close but yet so far, was a no as I didn’t have experience with an A Frame. Apparently he was very impressed with my CV and interview also my attitude and I was only let down by that one thing. :frowning:

Well time to pick myself up again, and try to find companies that I havn’t applied to yet :stuck_out_tongue:

Any suggestions welcome in the North West or Staffordshire area. Even willing to relocate.

Gareth

Bad luck mate…Keep going and chin up! :sunglasses:

bigvern1:

Thanks, I will, already checked out Companies I would have to relocate for, but if it gets me driving I will do it :smiley:

Gazza7682:

bigvern1:

Thanks, I will, already checked out Companies I would have to relocate for, but if it gets me driving I will do it :smiley:

Sometimes you have to do the extreme. I’ve been looking at jobs in Yorkshire, and I live in Devon! :open_mouth:

bigvern1:

Gazza7682:

bigvern1:

Sometimes you have to do the extreme. I’ve been looking at jobs in Yorkshire, and I live in Devon! :open_mouth:

Thats true, I started looking at the Jobcentre and companies for Jobs down South, wales etc… With the addition on my covering letter that I am willing to relocate. :smiley: