Interview

Hi

I know that most of you will probably call me crazy for applying to this place for a job, but i’ve heard they give new drivers a chance and having my age and experience against me, I need to jump at every chance.

3663 in Banbury have asked me in for an interview for a class 2 job I applied for.

It’s next Wednesday and I’d be grateful if any of you could give me any idea what to expect when I turn up.

Thanks
Will

I havent done any work for them for about 4 yrs but i know Banbury still does Kfc (as we deliver our chicken there :wink: ) and i think they still have Burger King and Pizza Hut and they used to do a few pub chains but this may have changed,last time i tipped in Banbury the fleet was 95% scania with some Daf’s and the odd iveco rental,they used to cover an area south of stoke but i know they have an outbase at Taunton (Langdons old yard next to M5) and these lads cover the west country as cornwall was always a night out from Banbury,money was always good (if my memory serves my right it was about 26k plus a year) but you do earn it,i used to get up to 9 drops around london on a class 2,ALL handball into fastfood outlets,chilled,frozen and packaging,
As it has been said before on here,give it a go and see if you like,it might just be what you need to give you the much needed experience,best of luck mate.washy

Hope its changed a lot since i worked there 10 yrs ago-start 3.am every day i had 15+drops pubs/kfc/burger king in Central London, usually 8+ton ALL handball,sometimes up 3 flights of stairs to kitchens-lost over a stone in the 6 weels i lasted…

Thanks for the reply guys.

I’ve heard you do work for it. Bobbys foods used to be like it. When I covered the north London depot, I’d have 30+ drops around London, selling then picking the stock off the truck. Used to hate it when the shop owners asked me to merchandise the cake onto the shelves :imp:

I think that I have to go and see what’s what though. I’d regret it if i didnt go. Everyone has to start somewhere.

Does anyone know what to expect in the interview?

Had the email confirming that date now. Really nervous, I take it they dont do a driving assessment?

Thanks
Will

Will_161:
Hi

I know that most of you will probably call me crazy for applying to this place for a job, but i’ve heard they give new drivers a chance and having my age and experience against me, I need to jump at every chance.

3663 in Banbury have asked me in for an interview for a class 2 job I applied for.

It’s next Wednesday and I’d be grateful if any of you could give me any idea what to expect when I turn up.

Thanks
Will

A bunch of keys and a run sheet :grimacing:

Seriously, I have no idea but good luck anyway

Will_161:

Had the email confirming that date now. Really nervous, I take it they dont do a driving assessment?

Thanks
Will

Hi mate,we have an ex 3663 Banbury driver just started on with us,i will ask him in the morning and let you know :wink: ,washy jnr

washy jnr:

Will_161:

Thanks
Will

Hi mate,we have an ex 3663 Banbury driver just started on with us,i will ask him in the morning and let you know :wink: ,washy jnr

Me again…have just spoken to another driver i know at Banbury and he has confirmed that you will do a driving assessment at some point and the guy who will take you out is called John,hope this helps,best of luck buddy

Cheers guys :slight_smile:

The email just says an interview, so I’m guessing if by any chance I got through that stage then they would invite you for an assessment.

Can’t be any worse than the ridiculous interview they put you through for an admin job at the cps!!

used to do agency work for them at bellshill. was the same contracts. dont think they do assesments (or they didnt anyway) money is good for class 2 and home every night but u work for it. all handball and no van boy. in saying that u will have shoulders like a weightlifter, good luck

I started out doing a similar job for DBC, whilst I’d never go back to it having done it for nearly a year I reckon it was the best thing I ever did in taking the job. You learn a lot about manouevriing and finding your way aound and how to manage your time and load, all things that benefit you in just about any transport related job.

Above all else it’s a foot on the ladder, somehow it seems easier to land a drivers job when you are already driving for a living.

You might get a free meal from every BK or Mc D’s you deliver to :smiley:

A top tip would be to sit for 5 minutes to chill and have a quick drink before you head off on the road again after a hand ball. There’s nothing worse than driving down the road feeling completly shagged from the last delivery, unless it’s as a result of a hot blond :laughing:

Good luck, fingers crossed and keep us posted.

Worked at Banbury when it was Holroyd and Meek before it became 3663, and I can honestly say that it was the worst job i have ever had.

8wheels:
Above all else it’s a foot on the ladder, somehow it seems easier to land a drivers job when you are already driving for a living.

That was my thinking behind the application, everyone has to start somewhere I guess. It feels like I haven’t got a chance when I send my cv and it says I work in an admin job and haven’t driven for over a year and a half. :blush:

Thinking about a foot on the ladder. What was the first chance given to you chaps when you were newbies?

Will_161:
Thinking about a foot on the ladder. What was the first chance given to you chaps when you were newbies?

My first start was with a real old skool tipper haulage firm (only 2004)
Phoned everyone in the phone book and they said they might have something and for me to “pop in for a chat if I was passing”
obviously I jumped straight into the car and went straight over there.

The Tm looked out through the window of the office, looked me up and down and said “You look alright we will give you a go if you want to give it a go”

I went “great…er do you want to see me licence”

I started on an old 93 Daf 4 wheeler 6 speed splitter “splitter doesn’t work mate”

I also got my username curtersy of the firms fitter due to the fact that something either broke or fell off almost daily

wouldnt worry about the interview or assesement.
its a hard sweaty go like hell handball job ,
up 3 flights of stairs with the contents of 3 pallets.
an put it in there fridge.
its a horses for courses job ,
you ll hack it or you wont.

Will_161:
Hi

Thanks
Will

So,how did you get on■■? :question: