INTERVIEW

Hello DIESEL DAVE ,have got an interview at BP on the tankers soon.Just passed class 3 ADR have been driving for about 8years CLASS1 .Any advice would be great with ref to intervew /assessment.Thanks

tasty:
Hello DIESEL DAVE ,have got an interview at BP on the tankers soon.Just passed class 3 ADR have been driving for about 8years CLASS1 .Any advice would be great with ref to intervew /assessment.Thanks

Hi tasty, I take it that you also did the tanker module :laughing:
Seriously though, I’d say you’ve done very well already to get to an interview, because it was notoriously difficult to get into a company of such standing.
I’ve never driven for BP, so I wouldn’t know any facts about them.
Making an assumption, I’d say they’re one of the “blue chip” companies that you could work for, so they’ll have a proper training regime for new starters. They’ll give you all the info you need on the type of tanker you’ll drive, and the product(s) they want you to carry.

My advice is to play it straight at the interview, and mention that you have a “can learn” attitude. They’ll also be very keen on site rules and health and safety, so an early enquiry from you as to the rules will probably go down very well in their assessment of you. :wink:

Good luck and please keep us posted.

Thanks for reply Dave and advice.Got a clean licience and as you say i am still keen to learn.Done some time in the forces so are used to strict rules and regulations which is obviously important in that type of work.Thanks again,oh and yes i did my ADR Class 3 tanks course which was with a good reputable company, the instructors were very switched on.

tasty:
Thanks for reply Dave and advice.Got a clean licience and as you say i am still keen to learn.Done some time in the forces so are used to strict rules and regulations which is obviously important in that type of work.Thanks again,oh and yes i did my ADR Class 3 tanks course which was with a good reputable company, the instructors were very switched on.

Sounds like you’ve got it sussed. Now I know about your forces credentials, you’ll probably be ideal for them. There’s a lot of ex-forces guys driving tankers, the ones I’ve met / know are usually very switched-on where rules are concerned. If they take you on, and I hope that they do, you’ll get some on-the-job training from a senior driver and an assessment drive before being passed “fit to fly.” You’ll probably also get a detailed handbook of site rules and procedures.

Good luck, and please let us know how it goes… :wink: Don’t forget to connect the earth bond cable. :sunglasses:

Thankyou i wont forget,You will hear it if i do!!CHEERS for the replys and i will keep you up to date