Interview tomorrow, what to wear?

last interview i went on i wore blue polo top blue fleece jacket jeans n safety boots ( all clean )

soon as i walked in an asked for joe bloggs they said are you the driver come for the job

waltzed the interview that was on a friday

started on the monday and still here

Settled on work trousers, shirt and tie. Bought a clean hiVis no the way here to sound out the ensemble. Have arrived an hour early! Coffee and TNUK will pass the time I think.

nsmith1180:
Settled on work trousers, shirt and tie. Bought a clean hiVis no the way here to sound out the ensemble. Have arrived an hour early! Coffee and TNUK will pass the time I think.

Good luck

and …

Just got back.

Loading assessment was a pass, apparently 7/10 fail it, but I wasn’t anywhere near the best he had seen. On the bright side, we didn’t need to tow the car off the transporter, so the clutch was intact.

Driving assessment didn’t happen because there were no vehicles available. He will be in touch to arrange a driving assessment soon.

I havn’t fallen at the first fence, but Im not on the home stretch yet.

He did say that you dont see many people turning up in a tie! #Overdidclothing.

Hiviz / Shorts / Your favourite football shirt / Cap / Chew gum and dont forget ur steel toecaps

nsmith1180:
Just got back.

Loading assessment was a pass, apparently 7/10 fail it, but I wasn’t anywhere near the best he had seen. On the bright side, we didn’t need to tow the car off the transporter, so the clutch was intact.

Driving assessment didn’t happen because there were no vehicles available. He will be in touch to arrange a driving assessment soon.

I havn’t fallen at the first fence, but Im not on the home stretch yet.

He did say that you dont see many people turning up in a tie! #Overdidclothing.

Or…you could have made a good impression!

Once upon a time I would have said it doesnt matter what you wear it depends on what you know but now!

The bloke "interviewing " you will probably have about as much idea what the job involves as I know about saturation diving.

So turn up in a nice off the shoulder number with yellow steel toe cap sling backs and hope that(as most office staff are) he is a closet gay

Good luck my man.