Interview tomorrow...In a bit of a quandry

Interview went very well :smiley:

3 positions and I believe 7 applicants.

He said and I quote, “It looks good, but I have to see the other two guys as a matter of courtesy” . Dunno if he was spinning me a line or if this is just the standard response. Anyhow,he will be in touch tomorrow as he still had the 2 to see this afternoon.

So here’s hoping for the best Birthday present I will have had for many a year!

LOL

Cheers guys!

spd0121:
a job hauling veggies

We shall have to wait and see if you will be PEAing up the side of their trucks then :exclamation: :wink:

This should start the veggie puns…

■■■■.

BigNathy:
Jeans or ‘smart casual’ trousers,polo shirt & fleece has always worked for me. Its usually a case of whether your face fits - in this case suited and booted may work against you. Take your license and digi card.

Steelies/hi viz in car just in case you need to drive.

Ask a few questions as well - I always prefer a candidate who’s interested enough to find out a bit about the job during the interview.

Good luck!!

i quite agree ive always attended my interviews like this. :wink:

ROG:

spd0121:
a job hauling veggies

We shall have to wait and see if you will be PEAing up the side of their trucks then :exclamation: :wink:

i went for a job once delivering veggies. i had to turn it down when i saw the truck, the cab was filthy, you could have grown spuds in it.
yawn,yawn :laughing:

dave:

ROG:

spd0121:
a job hauling veggies

i went for a job once delivering veggies. i had to turn it down when i saw the truck, the cab was filthy, you could have grown spuds in it.
yawn,yawn :laughing:

Yeah, we’ll have to wait and seewhat it’s like! However, considering the current financial climate + my ‘newbiness’, don’t think I can afford to be too picky! :open_mouth:

Especially when you consider that I applied to Nobby Dingledangle to be just a Drivers Mate, figuring that it was a way to get my foot in the door, learn something and then maybe I could transfer. I just got an e-mail back from them to say my qualifications were’nt good enough so ‘thanks but no thanks!!’ :open_mouth:

Wonder what sort of quals their Drivers must have FFS! :open_mouth:

just out of interest what did you wear in the end mate?

I went with the ‘smart casual’ in the end; trousers, shirt, tie and a suede jacket thingy. ‘Nice meal in a nice restaurant’ clobber sort of thing.

Not too sure if it was appropriate as they held interviews at one of their drop off stations which was a farm about a mile off the main road and the yard was about 3" deep in mud!! Also the bloke interviewing me was in a rugby shirt and fleece top! :open_mouth:

Took my steelies and work trousers, hi-viz etc. but he told me that they do about 2 weeks training with other drivers and assessors before they turn you loose. He said that they take that opportunity to see how you are gonna develop and handle the job!

On the plus side; apparently the Parent company is gonna be opening up 2 new depots in the next few months, to add to the 3 they use already!

It’s kinda nice to hear of somebody actually expanding at the present time. Personally, i reckon they are probably looking at it as the chance to get staff and equipment whilst the pickings are rich! :confused:

spd0121:
Took my steelies and work trousers, hi-viz etc. but he told me that they do about 2 weeks training with other drivers and assessors before they turn you loose. He said that they take that opportunity to see how you are gonna develop and handle the job!

I wish more companies would do just that :exclamation:

That’s more like the old ‘apprenticeship’ that a lot of us did and it worked bloody well. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

WOOOHOOO!!!

Only went and got the job; didnt I? :open_mouth:

Would have turned cartwheels when I got the call at noon today, but was in the lobby of the hospital and didn’t want to alarm folks!!

Celebration at my house tonight!! :smiley:

3 Months ago I couldn’t even spell ‘Lorryist’!!! As of 07:30 Tuesday I is one!!

Bloody 'ell, what have I done■■? :open_mouth:

ROG:

spd0121:

I wish more companies would do just that :exclamation:

That’s more like the old ‘apprenticeship’ that a lot of us did and it worked bloody well. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

That’s how it works with us . I was out with another driver for about 3 weeks before I went solo; however in that line of work (bulk feed to farms in blowers) it could be disastrous if the driver cocked up through inexperience so thorough training makes sense; and as spd also says it gives the company a fair chance to see if you’ll hack the job, equally important in my view.

spd0121:
WOOOHOOO!!!
Only went and got the job; didnt I? :open_mouth:
Would have turned cartwheels when I got the call at noon today, but was in the lobby of the hospital and didn’t want to alarm folks!!
Celebration at my house tonight!! :smiley:
3 Months ago I couldn’t even spell ‘Lorryist’!!! As of 07:30 Tuesday I is one!!
Bloody 'ell, what have I done■■? :open_mouth:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: WELL DONE ON GETTING THE JOB :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

excellent news well done :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

good for you im really pleased for you.

Forgot to say… :blush:

congrats on getting the job. :slight_smile: