Interview tips?

got my self an interview lined up thursday :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: any tips for the interview? much appreciated!! :smiley:

Same with any job interview, do loads of research on the company and get as much info on them as you can ie, their rdcs, types of haulage, the vehicles, where they go, etc etc, show them youve done some research and there will be plenty to talk about :slight_smile:

Relax and be yourself.

Had an interview recently and let nerves get the better of me and ended up giving ‘yes’ ‘no’ answers and saying what I thought they wanted to hear.

They will have heard all the stock answers before so better to be your self and show that you can fit in instead of trying to look like you have done it all before.

cheers for the tips guys

I was told, In any interview when they ask if you have anymore questions, to say if they want me to go over anything in more detail. I’ve done that on 2 job interviews for apprenticeships when i was in highschool, Needless to say I got both of them :sunglasses:

Dress smart, be early and act interested.

Know what’s on your application and/or CV, take a copy of the job ad with you, don’t ask too many questions about money, sick pay or holidays.

Impress them with your ‘can do’ attitude, know your stuff and you’ll sail through.

Finally, think of someone you know who is a bit of a no-hoper but has a job…

If they can get one, anyone can!

When it comes to the bit at the end where they ask for any questions here are a couple of ideas:

Do you have a pension scheme? This makes you look as if you are in for the long haul.
Ask about nights out - if it wasn’t covered in the interview.
Ask what sort of truck you’ll be driving - you don’t care really but it looks keen.

DON’T ask about holidays or sick pay - think about it? They have to give you 20 days anyway and you don’t want them to think you expect to be off sick.

Look them in the eye,dont ramble on too much,or fidget too much. :laughing:

toby1234abc:
Look them in the eye,dont ramble on too much,or fidget too much. :laughing:

Interesting advice from Toby :laughing:

No â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  or belching too. :blush: Dont eat garlic the night before.