Interview number 2

Phoned a company today just on the off chance and they got back to me within half an hour to ask me if I could see them Saturday morning. They run the company from there home so got to go round there have a chat then off to where he parks the trucks for a sort of assessment well the way they put it run round in the truck.

It is a small family run business which is the type of company I like to work for, if ever thing goes well on Saturday they are looking to start me straight off on class 2 which is a bonus.

Trying not to run away with myself here but I know have a few different options, still waiting to hear from my interview on Monday and have always had a little back up plan as well as going into see another company once my digi card has arrived which got sent today so things are really looking up at the minute. Especially as my amazing girlfriend also got a new job as a trainee teachers assistant.

As I have said many times before to all newbies like myself you have just got to keep trying, we will all find someone that is willing to give us that break will let everyone know what happens on Saturday I am really excited though. :smiley:

Good luck with that Big Brummie Macca

I have been following your posts avidly, especially liked your bit about the cpc mod 4, was very helpful.

I finally start training next week so really looking forward to it but just can’t wait to start driving professionally.

Really hoping it goes well for you on saturday mate.

Thanks mate and I am glad some of my posts are helping someone.

Good luck with your training just take your time and dont get to stressed out with the bad days every one will tell you every body gets them. I came home thinking I cant bloody do this and then bang one day all came together nicely.

Have you done the cpc mod 2 yet and who are you training with?

There helping all the newbies mate, can’t believe how invaluable all the advice has been on here and it’s always great to hear from someone that’s already gone through all the training.

I have done, I got 97% on theory, 84% on hpt and 41/50 (82%) on cpc mod 2 (absolutely hated the mod 2, it was a complete farce).

Training with a company in sussex, already had my assessment drive and the bloke is a smashing guy, have every faith he will get me through to driving professionally and his prices are one of the best in the area.

I think the whole CPC thing is a farce but of you want to drive got to be done.

What motor are you learning in, you will be amazed at how different it is to driving any thing else it really is a new level and it is a grate feeling when you come up to a turn and you look at it and think I aint going to get that round there and you get it round no problems. Just listen to what you instructor tells you, keep calm and take you time and you will be fine mate.

That is one of the best things about this site, the advice from people like ROG and Diesel Dave is great and like you say advice from people who have done the training the likely hood is some one will of had the same question to ask or had the same problems and you get the answers you were after. Being out of work at the min I spend a lot of time on here reading through the different posts and have learnt alot of things from it.

If you have any questions or anything mate just ask, you can pm me if you dont want to put it on the forum

Again good luck with your training hope it all goes well for you and you get the end result you want.

I’m glad you agree mate, just makes you wonder what they’ll bring in next.

I’m learning in a DAF with an 8 speed slap-box, excellent to drive and have to push myself to actually get out of the drivers seat.

I hear you mate, I do need to be more patient when driving, especially approaching junctions. Already ditched the rear view mirror and trying to check side mirrors before any action but 10 years of bad habits in the car are hard to shift.

I know mate, I do feel really lucky to have found this forum, I’m always getting good advice from ROG and all the hints and tips etc everyone has posted on here.

Thanks Macca, I really appreciate that.

Cheers and all the best for you too, hope you get that job on saturday :smiley:

Brummie thats great hope you get the gig wow i start 2 weeks you could be starting next week whats going on here some moon is allined with some planet somewhere i bet brill news i will be looking for post got the job and tell your girlfriend great news on her job
cant let you have all the glory eh :wink: :wink: jennie x

Great news for you big brummie macca & girlfreind too, good luck to both of you

nice one brummie! :smiley:
im starting my training soon, got my assessment on saturday (at the same place as Want2Truck is going). Im pretty excited about the assessment, god knows what i’ll be like when it comes to the actual training!