Interview next week

Hi Guys,

I have an interview next week with wren kitchens for class 2 work at there new base in trafford park. I’ve never had an interview for any class 2 jobs I worked at in the past, normally just a chat with the TM and off I go. This is an interview and driving assessment. Just wondering if anyone has any advice that might help us. I will be going straight from work so will be in my work gear… do you think this would be ok or should I get changed into something smarter?

Thanks

Its a lorry driving job. Casual is enough.

Even better if your in work gear as they know you like to work.

Im sure its classed as an interview but will most likely be a formal chat and when can you start kind of interview.

I would say a lot depends on what state you are in after a days work. If you have a dirty job
and you and your clothes are filthy I would get washed and changed.
Always best to create a good picture right from the start in my opinion.

May sound silly but a lot forget, make sure you have enough drive time and shift hours left for the interview/assessment. They will probably want a manual entry showing break from when you finish your normal job and other work from the start of the interview to when you put your card in for the test drive. More than likely download your card before they let you in the wagon too. You would be surprised how many rock up for an agency assessment at our place having done a full shift somewhere else and not enough time left on their card :open_mouth:

Beware this involves delivering kitchens to peoples homes including the mandatory top flat of a tower block so you’d better be happy with manual labour. You’re not on your own, you’ll have a driver’s mate with you but you will be ■■■■■■■ flat packs, appliances and worktops around and it will involve driving on housing estates and all the fun that brings with it as any bin wagon driver will tell you.

Cheers guys, much appreciated

Deano

Conor:
Beware this involves delivering kitchens to peoples homes including the mandatory top flat of a tower block so you’d better be happy with manual labour. You’re not on your own, you’ll have a driver’s mate with you but you will be ■■■■■■■ flat packs, appliances and worktops around and it will involve driving on housing estates and all the fun that brings with it as any bin wagon driver will tell you.

Residential multidrop + manual labor AND a driver’s “mate”? mmm…where do I sign up?

Aye I dont mind manual labour I’ve worked for bidvest in the past!

I work for this mob as a delivery driver on 18t rigids. All I can say is its run on management by fear. 12 month probation period. People fired over the most minor issues and no respect for staff whatsoever. Can’t wait to get out. Money looks good but not that great when you actually find out what they expect for it which is a lot. No home life regularly out for 13/14/15 hours a day. Overtime at flat rate. Holiday taken off you when they shut for Xmas for however long suits them.
AVOID.

pja666:
I work for this mob as a delivery driver on 18t rigids. All I can say is its run on management by fear. 12 month probation period. People fired over the most minor issues and no respect for staff whatsoever. Can’t wait to get out. Money looks good but not that great when you actually find out what they expect for it which is a lot. No home life regularly out for 13/14/15 hours a day. Overtime at flat rate. Holiday taken off you when they shut for Xmas for however long suits them.
AVOID.

:open_mouth:
Sounds the dream gig eh? :laughing:
No wonder the ■■■■ s are advertising for drivers, if they treat them as you say.
What decade do they think they are in. :unamused:

Take it if you need the experience or really need the money. I did similar work delivering beds and timber supplies (don’t ask). The mate was an a$$e and the planners hadn’t heard of geography. I soon walked.

robroy:

pja666:
AVOID.

No wonder the [zb] s are advertising for drivers, if they treat them as you say.

Trouble is Rob there’s ■■■■ all work out there. Got to take what you can get. Nice to be furloughed on 80% for getting a good tan in your back garden but there’s a huge number of drivers on zero income right now. It was like you said the other week : if you were up ■■■■ creek and needed to feed your wife and kids you’d go and work for the Green Death. The other guy might be in a similar predicament.

R420:

robroy:

pja666:
AVOID.

No wonder the [zb] s are advertising for drivers, if they treat them as you say.

Trouble is Rob there’s [zb] all work out there. Got to take what you can get. Nice to be furloughed on 80% for getting a good tan in your back garden but there’s a huge number of drivers on zero income right now. It was like you said the other week : if you were up [zb] creek and needed to feed your wife and kids you’d go and work for the Green Death. The other guy might be in a similar predicament.

Yep…can’t argue with that.
Thing is these firms are now going to take advantage of that situation, when other firms are going to go down and offload their drivers.
Can’t see any pay raises or improvements in general terms and conditions anytime soon for anybody in this game now. :neutral_face:

robroy:

R420:

robroy:

pja666:
AVOID.

Sounds the dream gig eh? [emoji38]

Trouble is Rob there’s [zb] all work out there. Got to take what you can get. Nice to be furloughed on 80% for getting a good tan in your back garden but there’s a huge number of drivers on zero income right now. It was like you said the other week : if you were up [zb] creek and needed to feed your wife and kids you’d go and work for the Green Death. The other guy might be in a similar predicament.

Yep…can’t argue with that.
Thing is these firms are now going to take advantage of that situation, when other firms are going to go down and offload their drivers.
Can’t see any pay raises or improvements in general terms and conditions anytime soon for anybody in this game now. :neutral_face:

There are of course threats to existing employment rules.
All part of the plan for the UK to be more “competitive”.