Interview for container job

Finally got an interview for class 1 container work and really looking forward to it, if I get the job the change will be more than welcome having done only general haulage on curtain siders and multi drop work for the past few years. I’ve read as many of the container threads as I can find on here and sounds like my ideal job.

Well done. All the best matey

Good luck, and let us know how you get on.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

Sounds good Baldy…lots of sleeping on that job mate…ha ha …good luck.

From one baldy to another it’s suited me just fine for the last eleven years. :smiley: :smiley:

. I’ve read as many of the container threads as I can find on here and sounds like my ideal job.
[/quote]
you mean your a lazy c—t who likes to sleep all day and get paid for it, :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks very much for the replies. And yep I’ll be 100% honest I’m looking forward to being a lazy sod lol and not fighting with straps and curtains all day, also I’ve got a folding bike in my shed so thinking if I get the job and get my own wagon I can leave that in the unit and go for a little tootle around on long tips.

A tip for you if you get the job: buy a kindle. Lots of reading time on that type of work.

nsmith1180:
A tip for you if you get the job: buy a kindle. Lots of reading time on that type of work.

I did that, I’m now on my second kindle. :unamused:

knight2:

nsmith1180:

I did that, I’m now on my second kindle. :unamused:

Sixth. Second tip: don’t leave it in direct sunlight.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Try maritime exceed your expectations guaranteed high earnings.
£7.90 ph dressed up to look like more with allowances but over your 50hours that is what your on ■■■■ take.

Baldy91:
Thanks very much for the replies. And yep I’ll be 100% honest I’m looking forward to being a lazy sod lol and not fighting with straps and curtains all day, also I’ve got a folding bike in my shed so thinking if I get the job and get my own wagon I can leave that in the unit and go for a little tootle around on long tips.

I’ve been containers about 8 years, and I enjoy it, though sometimes I’d relish the opportunity to do some proper work again. I always say that Container logistics is home for the clinically bone idle and I’m one of those :smiley: I’ll go for a walk for an hour or so, if I’m on a long tip, not usually to far from a town center for a snout around. As for the folding bike, I know a few lads who put bike rack on the back of the unit, as the containers don’t run as close as a 45’ trailer and carry a proper bike to help pass the time :smiley:

Good luck

Carpo:
Try maritime exceed your expectations guaranteed high earnings.
£7.90 ph dressed up to look like more with allowances but over your 50hours that is what your on ■■■■ take.

Funny how whenever I talk to a maritime driver they seem reasonably happy with their lot in life, yet all I here from former drivers is that its ■■■■ pay ■■■■ planners ■■■■ work ■■■■ trucks, so who to believe, or is it best to come to the conclusion that if your face fits then its like most other jobs, has its ups and downs, and that if your face don’t fit then they are to be rubbished at every opportunity, again like most other jobs. The thing is though, those that have been but are no longer will rarely tell you the truth as to why they occupy this position, and maybe there in lays the source of their vitriol :wink:

For the record Eddie I’m not an ex maritime driver I went for interview they told me the hourly rate and I done one.obviously some drivers will take all the crap for £7.90ph I’d rather get a job at the local corner shop for the same money stacking shelves instead of posing in a nice shiny truck but hey that’s just me.

Carpo:
For the record Eddie I’m not an ex maritime driver I went for interview they told me the hourly rate and I done one.obviously some drivers will take all the crap for £7.90ph I’d rather get a job at the local corner shop for the same money stacking shelves instead of posing in a nice shiny truck but hey that’s just me.

That’s fine, though I did actually say that you were ex maritime, just that ex maritime seem to slag them off.

As for making a sharp exit, I did a similar thing at Jack Richards some 13 years ago, but again, those that work there rate them, those who’ve departed slag them down. Having done the same as you(different firm same outcome) I try to keep an open mind about them :wink:

Good luck, I would never take a container job here, they are a target for DOT at state lines. PA lines seem to have them lined up for inspections every day.

I loved doing container jobs at Yusen Logistics (except for going to Pentalvers :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: ) and I’ve still got the Southampton Port certificate to say I can go in so when I lose my bus driving job in ■■■■■■ Oxford after a passenger complaint (I’ve got the actual email in front of me!!!) I will be looking for a box jockey job!!!

No problem Eddie I just got more respect for myself I would not drive a class 1 truck for £7.90ph to make these haulage company’s millions of pounds,if it was up to me there would be a national strike until they sorted it out,they need us more than we need them,but everyone to there own I got a lot of respect for men who want to go out and earn a crust but I don’t like them being took the ■■■■ out of.no hard feeling mate we all got are own opinions.

What a waste of time they are… basically I applied for a job there sent Accross my c.v as requested by them. A few days later I receive a phone call from the company… hello are you still interested in the job to which my reply yes most definitely…ok when can you come in and see us? well I’m off on Monday. Ok Great I will call you back on Friday to confirm a time to come and see us on Monday. Friday comes I heard nothing all day so at 16:30 I rang them and explained the situation amd that no one had contacted me as promised and what I can only describe as Frank Gallagher on the other end of the phone said it’s Friday innit mate everyone’s trying to get home and that innit you’ll have to ring back on Monday fella. I just think how unprofessional and if that’s how they are to a potential employee imagine how they treat their full time staff…so needless to say I havnt bothered ringing them back and will continue to find another container firm.