Interview, assessment drive, job offer, result!

Last week I had an interview at a firm in Newcastle under Lyme, today I had the assessment drive… Successful on both, get in! Can’t believe my luck! Not bad for only 14 months agency part time experience on C+E :smiley:

Thought I had it covered when I was asked to drive for a firm in Trowbridge earlier this week as they have Mercedes Axors just like This new firm, so I made myself extra familiar with everything in the cab. However turned up today and the assessor had a new Mercedes Actros sat there waiting for me… Typical, but I drove one about a month ago so although not familiar I did remember where the steering wheel adjuster button was lol.

After what seemed a quite a straight forward drive, remembering all the good call from Trucknet, mirrors, speed, smooth acceleration and braking we made it back to the depot unscathed. A bit of health and safety later and that was it, “well done, go tell the transport office you have passed” :smiley:

I’ve asked to be taken on as a casual worker until I get on my gardening leave, this means I can work weekends etc (taking WTD into account). I will then move over to full time when I can :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Congratulations on your job as a 0 contact,be prepared to start at 2am in the morning and best not mention the company name as it’s all monitored and a sackable offence if caught on any sites

Hi big tone,

Thanks for the heads up about company names I’ll get that edited right now :smiley: . The 0200 hrs starts won’t be a problem as 0200 hrs is the same as 1400 hrs in my book just paid better, especially if on a Saturday or Sunday :wink: