Interview advice

So after 8 months of sending out Cv’s and application I have finally heard back from a company that sends their products worldwide and also to her royal majesty. The guy I spoke to on the phone is so keen to interview me that he has offered to interview me at his house on Monday after I finish work.

The problem is this is my first job interview for a driving job and only my second ever interview, my question is what sort of thing should I be asking him?

Thanks Dan

If the interview is at his house, we will assume there is no driving induction or trial.
Research the firm.Write down all the facts and figures as this shows you have taken an interest.
A nice tidy suit.Asda George sell cheap ones.
Body odour spray and mouthwash before going.
A firm handshake not a weak one when he greets you.
Try not to ramble on.
Stick to what is revelant to the type of job.
He will ask why should he employ you.
Team member is a good key word and willing to learn and work well in a team enviroment.
Working un-supervised is a good key word.Try and relax.Good luck.

Reckon they will do more question asking that you. But by the end you should have a clear idea about shift patterns, pay, and their expectations of you so obviously ask anything you need to know to decide whether to accept or not. Normally what they want is made clear during the interview. Good luck.

Thanks mate [THUMBS UP SIGN]

just don’t yes DONT ask about sick pay :wink: :wink: well not the first question and not holidays on the second one :unamused:

Haha don’t plan on being sick any way luckily

Just be yourself

Dont ■■■■■■■■ about experience, Be honest.

Good luck

Steve

He knows I don’t have experience which is why I was so shocked to hear back from him. Thanks Steve

See if you can get a copy of their contract before committing yourself to it so you know what you’re getting into.

Is that something a lot of companies will willingly give you?

wilko_1988:

Put it this way, why wouldn’t they show it to you? If they want you to work for them, they’re not going to refuse to show it to you unless there’s something potentially deal breaking.

DJC:

wilko_1988:

Put it this way, why wouldn’t they show it to you? If they want you to work for them, they’re not going to refuse to show it to you unless there’s something potentially deal breaking.

very true

Remember ask questions on what further training the give on what ever the job entails.
also make notes, who you’ll be answering to etc pay scale / rates etc

i dont know if this is sound advice or not but i was always told never to ask what the money is at the interview stage,
as it tends to look as your mainly chasing money (which is true) :smiley: but the potential employer wants to think your more interested
in the company etc etc.
if they tell you in the interview then great,if they dont, then ask them when they offer you the job, as your in a stronger position
then as your the one they want out of all the candidates they have interviewed,then you can decide then,to take the job or try and get a little more if its not enough.

OP - Best of luck for tonight!

Thanks everyone

Thanks for all the advice you all gave, im happy to say that i was offered and have accepted the job. hopefully the start of a long and happy career

Fantastic news, happy trucking! :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: great news, well done!

Well done!
What kind of job you’ll be on?
Happy with pay or just to get in for a start?