internet

How many people travel with there laptops or pda’s in there trucks?

I keep my laptop on for the routing and whenever i stop at a nightowl would lke to access the internet but there is no internet access!

I know you can buy data cards but for the occasional use they are very expensive. Also the bt wireless is only realy available at mcdonalds.

How many people would use internet if it was available at truck stops?

Maybe trucknet could push the issue to nightowl or BP ■■

Spacemonkeypg:
How many people would use internet if it was available at truck stops?

Maybe trucknet could push the issue to nightowl or BP ■■

I admire your point, but wouldnt it be better for Nightowl BP or whatever they call themselves now to concentrate on teaching the staff to cook edible food and cleaning the place :question:

At least if you had internet access, you could get a pizza delivered to the truckstop :smiley:

Like you I use my laptop for autoroute, games, tv, and internet in the truck and I have just connected my mobile to the laptop and use that as the modem line. Its not expensive as I use the network providers web no and I just get charged for the download.

how mch do you pay for internet via your phone as i have not looked down that avenue yet?

Laptop
Wireless Bluetooth Adaptor
Nokia Mobile
Orange GPRS

I buy a 10 MB bundle for about a tenner a month.

Outlook set to not download large messages.

Can use it across Europe, but this is not included in the 10mb bundle is quite expensive.

Nightowl Alconbury has now has wireless internet connection available in the Motel,Bar and restaurant,This is free to use but used at your own risk

Helen

feel like a total technophobe!!

i carry:

mobile phone (when I remember it)

er, that’s it. really!! :laughing:

flying_fenman:
feel like a total technophobe!!

i carry:

mobile phone (when I remember it)

er, that’s it. really!! :laughing:

same here. the only thing i need the internet for on the road is finding a customers phone number if i cant find them. my phone does that anyway. yell.com has saved me a lot of hassle and my phone accesses it no problem. i can even get on these forums with it although that isnt easy to see :laughing: