Internet providers and telephone lines

Go easy on me, in Denmark were life makes sense…

We rent a place in the UK, got a BT line and then we got Toucan as our internet provider. They offered to sort the BT bill out so I get just one bill not 2, they said the BT line was still ours bah bah bah, but as we soon started getting please come back to BT leaflets I guess that was not quite the case. This is all 18 months ago and we find oursleves upgrading from an English cave to a more modern house and would like to get a better grasp of the UK way of doing things, did I say life was more simple in Denmark.

My question is: We do not need a landline, but do need internet access in a broadband way. I guess first thing is to get a BT line sorted or do I have more choice? Then sort out an interent provider. Sorry back to the question, who is hot and who is not in the land of internetting providers. As a Mac user i seem a special case in the support world for some reason and I should like to be very wireless, although i guess I could sort that out meself.

The last chaps sent me a very nasty little USB modem which was a problem from day one and I had to phone India to help sort it out, along with a few mistruths means I wouldn’t care to use these fellas again.

Nutshell: You still neeed to have a landline (I guess looking for a cable cable box might be possible in the land of right hand drive) and who is doing the best in providing internet. We are not heavy users er… rephase that I think :confused: no gaming, so a medium broadband package I think.

Thanks in advance,

Andy

i think most of them insist on a BT line which narrows down your choice. we wont touch BT again so we went with telewest as a whole package (TV, landline and broadband) which is now virgin. no major problems with them

Try here homecall.co.uk/ it’s part of Pipex who have been around a long, long time & have a superb reputation.