Internet in the lorry

What plans are you guys on for internet in your lorries? Cheers

payg vodafone dongle off ebay thiink it was 20 notes with 15 quid on it which gave me 3gb to use great where you got a 3g signal , the 3gb lasts a month

T Mobile 15GB for £15 (monthly contract), pretty good signal strength too in some places you wouldnt expect.

Diff Lock:
T Mobile 15GB for £15 (monthly contract), pretty good signal strength too in some places you wouldnt expect.

how long is the contract pal if u dont mind me askin

3 Online - 15gb £36.42 a month with a free (sortta) laptop. The wife wouldn’t let me bring her new lappy away with me :wink:

I managed to get one of the last non-contract PAYG vodafone dongles which I use on the laptop - just top-up as necessary. Also have a contract SIM-only smartphone with unlimited data for my business which is only £15/month & I can use the phone as a wireless router.

The Sarge:
3 Online - 15gb £36.42 a month with a free (sortta) laptop. The wife wouldn’t let me bring her new lappy away with me :wink:

Whipped! :laughing:

I have a ‘3’ dongle as well, spend bout £15 a month and use it most nights, very rare that I cannot get a signal with it either.

I use a Vidafone connect lite dongle and it’s CRAP!!! Very slow and don’t get the signal I would expect in most places. Moving onto o2 contract end of this month, anyone have any experience of their dongles?

largebloke1969:

Diff Lock:

how long is the contract pal if u dont mind me askin

It was a two year contract which has now expired, so it rolls from month to month now. I’m also talking absolute rubbish it’s on 3 not T Mobile (sorry for the duff info) :blush:

Sam Millar:

A free one!

Are these dongles any good for tv on lap top guys?

If you have a Nokia smart phone - you can connect using the USB lead - to a laptop - then using OVI suite you can connect to the net using the phone
i have a PAYG N8 and i used £5 per month just browsing and downloading emails
The Nokia smart phones are very good , fast and good connection speeds
cheers
Steve

gm:
If you have a Nokia smart phone - you can connect using the USB lead - to a laptop - then using OVI suite you can connect to the net using the phone
cheers
Steve

Samsung galaxy s2 has wifi tethering so the phone is the dongle but no wires. 35 a month for 2000 mins 100 text i think plus unlimited net. that is the phone as well all with 3 which they say has the best outdoor coverage.

I use my iPhone as a “personal hotspot” which can be paired up with either my iPad using Bluetooth/wifi or laptop via the USB cable.
No dongle required, just the mobile phone’s 3G reception.
I love me gadgets!

tootman318:
Are these dongles any good for tv on lap top guys?

They work fine with BBC iplayer and the likes but I think it would eat into your data allowance if you were watching for many hours each night. I think :question: 1 hours tv is equivalent to 500mb.

Long distance clara:

gm:
cheers
Steve

Samsung galaxy s2 has wifi tethering so the phone is the dongle but no wires. 35 a month for 2000 mins 100 text i think plus unlimited net. that is the phone as well all with 3 which they say has the best outdoor coverage.

I am using a S2 now. Works well. It is 5000 mins on the 3 network, 2000 to any other phone and 5000 texts.

As for watching TV on it, a full football match on Sky is about 750 meg.

Paul

Sam Millar:

BTFONE unlimited and free when you have 40Gb Broadband at Home

I have a Orange dongle £15 per month unlimited interwebby so watch tv on it with no probs, infact its really convinient because you can watch either live tv or the ‘Play again’ …
My Phone is a iphone 4 on a 24 month contract unlimited to land line and unlimited to orange 500 mins to other mobiles unlimited internet, and unlimited txts all for £30 per month,

3 PAYG dongle and I top up £15 a month which gets me 3gb. I rarely use it all.

i just got a 3 dongle on a 15 quid a month rolling contact with 5g use it for browsing etc and do any film downloads at home