Chrome is OK
Firefox is very Safe
Safary is very Safe and gives you iTune
Ubuntu has nice Game i like
Window is Good too
Opera is not always good
Tenfourfox for older Mac
There is a new comming out

I’ve just bought a new laptop and part of the start up is setting which browser I want, I’ve google chrome before but can anyone advise what the others are like ie: safari, firefox etc etc

I always use Firefox, with the add-ons it give me the features and customisability I like.

I could not get on with google chrome, didnt seem to work with a lot of sites. I’ve used firefox before, it was just about identical to IE and worked well.

jessicas dad:
I’ve just bought a new laptop and part of the start up is setting which browser I want, I’ve google chrome before but can anyone advise what the others are like ie: safari, firefox etc etc

You can use them all and just make your favourite a default. I have Safari, Firefox, IE8 and Chrome installed. I looked at Opera the other day but am happy with what I have.

Generally I use Firefox though

google chrome or chromium works well for me, but I don’t really like it (personal thing)
I have opera, and I am trying firefox4 now, which are ok
The opera browser needs a lot of setting up to work like I want it to, but works very well.
The firefox 4 also works quite well, but it seems to “bog down” if you use it a long time, without restarting it.
I hope there is something in the setup I have missed.

I also like srware iron, which is a version of chrome, or chromium.

I have never used safari, so no comment on that.

What OS do you have on your new box?

When I used windows, I tried the avant browser, which I was happy with, but it is really just IE with a different look, and menus.

I have windows 7 home. Il try ie9 see what that’s like.

jessicas dad:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

That is what they want you to do. :open_mouth:

Wheel Nut:

jessicas dad:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

That is what they want you to do. :open_mouth:

Ok Malc chrome it is. :laughing:

IE---------nooooooooooooooooooooooooo in any shape of form
opera-----use sometimes on the laptop and always on my mobile
firefox—tried an dont like it
chrome–weapon of choice,

205:
IE---------nooooooooooooooooooooooooo in any shape of form
opera-----use sometimes on the laptop and always on my mobile
firefox—tried an dont like it
chrome–weapon of choice,

now on chrome again :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :sunglasses:

Been using Chrome since it came out - very rarely freezes (unlike Uncle Billy Gates’s offerings). I think the last time I used IE it was version 6…

Browser wars: Internet Explorer users have lower IQs, study claims
By
ShinyJess
on July 29, 2011

It feels kind of mean to point this out, but here we go. It seems that users of Internet Explorer have lower IQs than users of other web browsers. Really. Or at least this was the result of a study by AptiQuant.

We have unfortunately read nothing to help us understand WHY this had become a topic for study, but here it is anyway: users of Internet Explorer 5 have an IQ score of just over 80. Over 100,000 adults were quizzed for this, and it seems the brain trust uses Opera or Camino. Those preferring Firefox or Chrome can comfort themselves the likelihood of having a more average IQ score, of around 110.

The scientists behind this little nugget of a study have concluded it’s not really the browser itself that determines IQ, but how likely the user is to welcome change, as in, upgrade. Internet Explorer is one of the first browsers launched, while Camino remains very niche and would potentially be more likely to appeal to the curiously minded. The study also showed that those with the oldest versions of Internet Explorer had lower IQs than those using the newest version. If that helps.

techdigest.tv/2011/07/browser_wars_in.html

The Sarge:
Been using Chrome since it came out - very rarely freezes (unlike Uncle Billy Gates’s offerings). I think the last time I used IE it was version 6…

Compuserve and Netscape 1.0 :laughing:

It seems the worlds most secure browser is (Click Here) Bet you don’t guess the right answer before viewing! :wink: :smiling_imp:

pete904ni:

Browser wars: Internet Explorer users have lower IQs, study claims
By
ShinyJess
on July 29, 2011

It feels kind of mean to point this out, but here we go. It seems that users of Internet Explorer have lower IQs than users of other web browsers. Really. Or at least this was the result of a study by AptiQuant.

We have unfortunately read nothing to help us understand WHY this had become a topic for study, but here it is anyway: users of Internet Explorer 5 have an IQ score of just over 80. Over 100,000 adults were quizzed for this, and it seems the brain trust uses Opera or Camino. Those preferring Firefox or Chrome can comfort themselves the likelihood of having a more average IQ score, of around 110.

The scientists behind this little nugget of a study have concluded it’s not really the browser itself that determines IQ, but how likely the user is to welcome change, as in, upgrade. Internet Explorer is one of the first browsers launched, while Camino remains very niche and would potentially be more likely to appeal to the curiously minded. The study also showed that those with the oldest versions of Internet Explorer had lower IQs than those using the newest version. If that helps.

techdigest.tv/2011/07/browser_wars_in.html

Pete that’s a fake article. The author admitted it.

As the ex admin and current mod of an admittedly small forum, it wouldn’t be hard to believe in the slightest.

Well it did fool quite a few before it was found out :laughing:

bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14370878