International truck stops

if you’re coming via calais down through rouen then 8 hours gets you to vivonne on the N10 my personal favourite
4 hours south of vivonne is castets on the forest road towards irun another good stop then as berewic stated sunbilla.
depending on whether you go the british route of burgos or the spanish route then i can only help you via pamplona,
cintruenigo, almazan and area 103 on A2 all very good to stop

kingoftheroad:
well have read about the uk truck stops how about telling us about the international ones and where they are would be very useful

class motel brezoi romania. safe clean and good grub

paprika csada at hegyshalom on the motorway just over the austrian border into hungary. The food is brilliant and there is a small market there also a night club. fair amount of parking too

is the sisters still open in arluno ? havnt been to italy for about 9 years now, but that was always a good place

dogruff:
is the sisters still open in arluno ? havnt been to italy for about 9 years now, but that was always a good place

Had a lovely carpaccio there a month back. It’s a bit of a mare to get into at the moment, drive past it, up to the roundabout turn right take next right (there’s a weight limit on this road, but it’s the only way in), and after another few hundred meters turn right again. Hey presto

toowise:
Between frankfurt and Munich if you exit the autobahn at GEISELWIND you will find one of the largest truckstops in Europe.

its been a few years since i was last there but they had just about everything you could possibly need…

excellent restaurant… good beer & food & service…large shop… supermarket…mercedes truck dealership and workshop …concert hall…several TV rooms showing different language TV… free clean showers…

McDonalds and Burger King…parking for at least 600 trucks…thme park approx 1 mile walk if your weekended

They also used to do a loyalty card that got you a free gift at Xmas

Hope this place is still there be a shame if not

Still there, it’d be a scandal if it were too close…

If you have a Tom Tom you can update through TomTom Home and download most of the Truckstops throughout Europe onto it.
Go to the Dutch downloads for all the Routiers listed under Truckstops Frankrijk.
The German Autohofs are in the German section as are the Italian truckstops.
I have found Routiers can vary quite a bit but the two I have used are at Bourges and Roye both of which have AS24 bunkers nearby(our company’s favoured Fuel Company) plus you could also opt for the BP Truckstop at Macon.

The truckstop/tank wash at Gent - off the R4 (Zeehaven) was pretty good . Plenty of parking, free clean showers the grub was exellent but a tadge expensive imo.
I presume its still there - havent stopped there for 2 years :confused:

Autohof at Koln is good. Loadsa parking 7.50(Gets your meal free)
Showers big shop, fuel, truck wash…Ladies of the night(in 2 caravans) Great for the A4.

On the way from koln to frankfurt i w/ended at rheinbollen,good food,showers,shop etc but closes sat noon till late sun.i think.Across the rd is a hotel that caters for truckers,had small truck park at rear,good food ,showers,reasonable prices,this was over 10yrs ago.
regards dave.