International tramping

Just wondering if there are any companies that do all the European work that bring you home every week for your days off or do you have to have to be away for a weeks at a time for doing this type of work?

If there are any, I’m particular interested in any in the north of England. Thanks

S&K at Barry in South Wales do away all week, home weekends on Benelux work.
Or weeks away tramping Europe or just UK work.
For weeks away, the tacho rules dictate where you park up for a 45 or24 hours weekly rest period .
You could be an hour from the ferry and can’t get on it, as a weekly rest is required .
Not much European work up where you live .

Unfortunately your about 20 years too late my friend

Possible, but working from the south coast and mostly France. A days run to/fro the ferry aint gonna give you much working radius over the channel.

Most tend to operate a system of up to 2 weeks away So you would spend the reduced weekly rest (24)hrs away in the truck ( not much point in going home tbh,) then back for the following weekend and a 45hr weekly rest at home, But some do 3-6 weeks away then have a week off and repeat

But in the north there isn’t really many companies doing euro work but you have the likes of GBA, not that i would recommend them , but they wouldn’t guarantee that you would be home at weekends

Ill do up to four weeks away. Mainly its Malaga to Calais groupage and sometimes a bit beyond into Belgium. Return loads at the moment from Willi Betz to Barcelona/Valencia for a construction company aluminium extrusions/castings.

I start on a Thursday in Scotland run down to Italy doing multi drop, park up empty on the Monday or Tuesday for a 24 off. Get reloaded Tuesday or Wednesday and back home the following Monday and have 45 off or more like 80 off. So normally 10 nights out.

I would also be interested in some euro tramping, did 14 years of it 1986-2000 also based Yorkshire/NE

Wolfie, as europleb says things have changed a lot since 2000, but there are still reasonable jobs out there, and since you should know the ropes, you should get fixed up, sooner or later, if you decide to get back in.