International O/D

Does anybody know of any OD`s looking for pilots. Worked for irish subby :smiling_imp: before pulling fridges,boxes and tautliners mostly for Norfolk Line and Hoods around europe. Only been off continental since begining of December and already pulling my hair out with these english firms. :imp:
This type of work only comes round by word of mouth so if anybodys got any info or know of any firms looking please HELP!!!

If anybody hear`s of any work now the christmas break is over and work starts to pick up keep us in mind :frowning:

no offence intended but why are you looking for owner drivers it says next to your name your in manchester so get your lazy ■■■■ around trafford park an knock them doors :laughing: :wink:

Fozzie cheers for the wise words and no offence taken,… broad shoulders.

Yes i do live in Manchester and do know Trafford park very well, also know there are no INTERNATIONAL companies around there and seen as how this was for an INTERNATIONAL O/D. :confused:

Thanks again for telling me to get of my lazy ■■■■ and go and look for a job i promise i will do. Sometimes jobs are on the great vine, you know WORD OF MOUTH, you know NEVER ADVERTISED that sort of thing,… and how i thought this was a friendly truck drivers forum us all looking out for each other. :confused:

I do know of other INTERNATIONAL companies around here and believe me have asked, but work is flat at this time of year and thats why I was asking around. I could just take another job doing local work, home everynight out of trafford park…ow hang on,… thats what i`m doing now! :confused:

I suppose if I never posted anything on here and expected a job to come and find me then i suppose that would be lazy. I suppose the saying is “IF YOU DON`T ASK YOU DO GET”. Thanks once again for the wise words and your help… :smiling_imp:

:laughing: so you took it the wrong way :laughing: i know you have probably tried already but have you tried further afield because you wont be home that much you could try birds at oldbury brum im only offering advice not having ago as i am also looking for euro so sorry to offend :wink:

I do uk & international work and its totally dead this week the few jobs over the water that are on the go, are not worth the bother. but if i hear of any in your area i will let you know. good luck with it

Fozzie Im trying everywhere and anywhere. I dont mind how far away it is I`ll travel for the right job. :sunglasses:

Im ex-military so used to been away and when i worked for the irish firms they had you away for as long as you wanted so dont mind where it is. I`ve even tried looking at Belgium and Holland.

Ive only been back on English work since the beginning of December and really its not for me doing local work. :imp: Rather be away all week or longer if i had to, really dont mind.

With been back on the English work i`ve lost touch with the guys you meet on the boats either at Dover or on the Irish ferries who normaly tell you “SO AND SO IS LOOKING FOR DRIVERS”. Thats one of the reasons i used this site for those guys who are still using the boats and hear about the word of mouth jobs. :smiling_imp:

Ive had a few E-Mails of a lad in Ireland who uses this site and hes got me a few contacts to try which is all i could have asked of him hes really gone out of his way for me what a top bloke!!! :smiley:

So in the mean time I`ll crack on and keep trying.

Cheers Fozzie

P.S Not hear much about JF INTERNATIONAL was just wondering if any drivers had drove for them. Not sure if they are a good company or a bad company :confused:

weewulliewinkie:
I do uk & international work and its totally dead this week the few jobs over the water that are on the go, are not worth the bother. but if i hear of any in your area i will let you know. good luck with it

Thank you, your a good man but it does`nt have to be just in my area i will travel for the right work. Hopefully it will pick back up again soon and there be loads of jobs :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks again pal hopefully hear from you soon :smiling_imp:

I did hear that Eric Vick in Gloucester was looking for drivers but that was before christmas.