International Loadstar trucks

Anyone remember these from the 60s,built in Doncaster,did any of you drive,operate or repair them? :unamused: :slight_smile:
imagesDJAA30OR.jpg

Not those but I did work on the International engines fitted into the Sed Ak 200 and 300 trucks. They were reliable enough.

Pete.

shirtbox2003:
Anyone remember these from the 60s,built in Doncaster,did any of you drive,operate or repair them? :unamused: :slight_smile:0

IIRC These & the tilt cab model had Perkins 6.354 engines as for the SA 200/300 with the International engine, Ugg! the devils work! it might worked OK in a combine harvester but in a lorry no way mate!

shirtbox2003:
Anyone remember these from the 60s,built in Doncaster,did any of you drive,operate or repair them? :unamused: :slight_smile:0

I think the largest operator was Bradley of Accrington, who had over 100, I believe

Hi all the seddon 200 we had 2 in 1980 all trouble would not pull you out of bed the wedge brakes where useless jumped of reverse gear on rough ground did not keep them long traded in for Volvo f86 unit stretched chassis fitted new bodies never looked back well that’s haulage all the best

Neil B:
Hi all the seddon 200 we had 2 in 1980 all trouble would not pull you out of bed the wedge brakes where useless jumped of reverse gear on rough ground did not keep them long traded in for Volvo f86 unit stretched chassis fitted new bodies never looked back well that’s haulage all the best

We had three 200’s that replaced V8 powered Mastiffs and one 300 in tippers (all T reg) and the engines never had a spanner on them apart from one 200 that must have had a ‘soft’ cam lobe and needed the tappet on that cylinder adjusting regularly. Not impressed with the rest of the truck mind, but the engines stayed the course. Gearchange on the 200’s took some getting used to as well!

Pete.

Hi nielb and windrush I think you may be mixed up by saying seddon this thread is for International Loadstar. :confused: :unamused:

shirtbox2003:
Hi nielb and windrush I think you may be mixed up by saying seddon this thread is for International Loadstar. :confused: :unamused:

Yes, quite correct! :blush: Just reminiscing about the quality of International engines, but of course those Loadstars had Perkins 354’s in them for some strange reason. :confused:

Pete.

The front LHD’s were made in Heidelberg Germany

:unamused: :slight_smile:
intbrd.pngHere is one of Bradleys, apologies if I shouldn,t have posted it. regards,jack preston.

an old boy uses one( a rigid ) for pulling his tractor and plough about tae the ploughing matches in dumfrieshire and â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  ( well he did up to 07 when i left the uk.)