Intermodal weight limit

Hi guys, is there a weight limit (g.v.w) for this type of transport? or is it the uk normal limit of 44t 6 axle outfit. i’ve been asked to pull a trl from A take it across to belguim delliver to B where it will go to italy via a train, but the all up weight is close to 45t,i have been told this is legal.before i put my licence on the line i would like to know the law, thanks

pole, touch, barge, with, not

re-arrange and make into a sentence :wink:

the MGW for a 6 axle combination in the UK (unless special types) is 44 tonne, i believe it is lower in some of the euro countries, they only run on 5 axles

you can pull 44tns in belgium if your vehicle is approved for such weights
we used to run from Vlissingen Hoescht (NL); to Du pont Contern (L)
with 44tn on five(5) axles;

ARE YOU DROPPING THE CONTAINER off in the Antwerpen kombi
terminal, and is it going to Bustio or perhaps Verona in Italy
these are two of the main terminals in the North of Italy,

its a tri axle euroliner being dropped off in genk, then forwarded to italy via the rail

You can pull this trailer at 44t no problem (assuming your on six axles here), just to add to what brit pete said I think most Europeans work on the manufacturers plate on your truck not your UK Vehicle plate in your cab so most 5 axle outfits would be OK at 44t in Belgium and the Netherlands.

that is all well and good, but in the original post, he clearly stated that it is closer to 45 tonne, at that weight, he is overweight regardless of how many axles he has

Can you trim the weight at all?
Use a lighter unit? A unit with a mini lift and alloys can be approaching a ton lighter than a big V8 with steel wheels and huge tanks etc.
Also the same with skelly, a fixed one with alloys could save you weight there.
Not good for a one off job or a short term contract,I know.

If it is going Lanaken to Italy, why not send it unaccompanied to Zeebrugge and put it on the railway to Lanaken using a light tractor in the UK

thanks for the replies guys,i have 3 motors,all the same 6 wheel xf95 ssc so the job will be a no go.never mind keep looking eh

black knight:
thanks for the replies guys,i have 3 motors,all the same 6 wheel xf95 ssc so the job will be a no go.never mind keep looking eh

Have you thought of leaving home at midnight? :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:

black knight:

Have you thought of leaving home at midnight? :stuck_out_tongue:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

it wouldnt be a no go for me… go ahead take the chance but just dont blame me.

thought never even entered my head :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: ssssshhhh !