Intermittent wipe

Who has figured out what it is with the intermittent wipe on trucks :question:

Sometimes when I set the stick to intermittent wipe the wipers only activate about every 20 seconds which is no good to anyone but other times when I activate it the wipers whip across the screen every 2 seconds :confused: :confused:

Am I missing something or is there a secret way you can set them to the exact time you want them to wipe the screen :question:

I always seem to get it wrong. When it’s heavy grizzle but not heavy enough to warrant the wipers being on constant I end up with them only clearing the screen every 20 seconds which is no good cause the screen is opaque and I can’t see a bloody thing :laughing: and those times when it’s only just spitting I end up with them whipping across the screen nearly as much as if they were on constant.

I’ve looked in the manual and surprise surprise it doesn’t say anything about the timing.

Hopefully someone can shed some light on why the relay for them seems to be random as this has been puzzling me for absolute decades :exclamation: :confused: :confused: :smiley:

On some wagons you can set the intermittent wipe gap. Normally do a single wipe, then wait, then switch to intermittent. Try that and see if it works.

I seem to recall you drive a Volvo Rob and in that case you switch it to intermittent then off then back to intermittent when you want the next wipe and that will set the wipe delay. You also must have a page missing from your manual as it has been in the manual of the last 3 Volvos I’ve had. :wink:

Coffeeholic:
I seem to recall you drive a Volvo Rob and in that case you switch it to intermittent then off then back to intermittent when you want the next wipe and that will set the wipe delay.

A-ha :exclamation: I didn’t know that. I’ll give that a whirl tomorrow as see :smiley: (if it’s raining of course :laughing: )

It does mention “flip”-wipe in the manual but nothing about how to set the delay :confused:

Cheers :sunglasses:

Aaaaaaaah!
Was wondering about that myself Rob. Have had that problem too. Nice 1. :slight_smile:

Rob K:
It does mention “flip”-wipe in the manual but nothing about how to set the delay :confused:

If you like when I get home I could scan the page and send it to you?

Coffeeholic:

Rob K:

If you like when I get home I could scan the page and send it to you?

Thanks but that won’t be necessary. I’ve figured it out today in the rain :bulb: