Interior lights

Why is it that truck manufacturers can’t fit decent interior lights? The Scania I have at the moment is bloody awful! Can’t see anything! Anybody got any simple solutions? Thought about LED bulbs perhaps, it’s getting to the time of year when you need the light!

MAN’s just as bad, two really bright lights but facing you in the headboard shining straight in your eyes.

Throwback to the days of ‘‘for you Tommy ze var iss over’’.

Axors are the worst, even the brothels I used to do business with are better lit…

Have a look on fleebay for 12 or 24 volt fluorescent lights.
Caravan and campervan sites are worth a look also.

The stralis I have is great got a total of 6 interior lights in that, turn them on and its like day light. The scania I had was as others have said bloody awful :laughing: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Assuming your Scania is 05 upwards…change them to 21 watt bulbs…We used to do that all the time with no probs…lights the place up a lot better…The standard fitted 15 watts…are pointless…The reading lights on your bunk help also…

The designers of these trucks…are on a different planets…Some of the stuff in these trucks is so blatantly ■■■■■■■■■■ Volvo credit…Love the light in the centre of the dashboard. :slight_smile:

Renault premiums have an easy fix for those with failing eyesight, swap the red night light lenses with the clear ones and use larger bulbs. Saved me a visit to opticians. :smiley:

LED bulbs will help. Caravan lights are great, I’ve one in my van and one in the lorry. Not that dear and easy enough to fit.

The square LED reversing lights for trailers are the same size as the interior light mount in the roof of a scania one of our guys put two of those in to his and lit the place up like Blackpool

SuperSmiley:
Assuming your Scania is 05 upwards…change them to 21 watt bulbs…We used to do that all the time with no probs…lights the place up a lot better…The standard fitted 15 watts…are pointless…The reading lights on your bunk help also…

Yep what he said, makes a huge difference.

You may find as I did, that if you put a 21 watt lamp into a fitting designed for 15 watt heat dissipation, it doesn’t! But what it does is melt the lens! The LED route is the way to go I think.