Interesting stop

I had a new stop on Thursday. As always the name ‘Port Chester’ strikes terror into my heart because I know it’s going to be some really hard to get to, very old crap hole in some narrow little back street. I had had a new drop there about 6 months before and that had been a pig to find and get in and out of, this was to be even worse. J J Cassone bakery is a small firm I had not heard of before, I clicked the directions request section on peoplenet, entered the customer code and within seconds my directions came back, the first few turns from I-95 at exit 21 in NY were easy then it got to the 'turn left on Sherman ave, turn right on Brent, this is a one way street and you must drive up the wrong way :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: This gets me worried as NY cops are not the nicest of guys when going the wrong way along a one way st. Thursday morning arrived and as I found Sherman ave and carefully turned left trying to avoid the cars parked along the very tight and narrow streets I then saw Brent st on my left, cars everywhere and knew that entering would mean that with cars either side and just enough room to squeeze through anything coming the opposite way is gonna be stuck. I inched my way round and eventually passed the lines of cars to position my truck at the unloading spot only to be told to park diagonally across the street to provide a slope and get close enough to the hook up point, after doing so a cop came the correct way and went up the curb to get by me, he took no notice of me, this was basically because he was busy texting. Once empty I had to reverse back down the street, across an intersection then go back the wrong way along yet another one way street to get out.

could you not of gone on the side walk in between the post and got closer and a bit more down flow :question: :question: :question: :question:

It crackes me up …you have big units and Thin longer than needed tanker trailers :exclamation: wouldn’t it be easier with a shorter trailer with a slightly rounder tank :question: :question:

neva mind pat .its only the few that do l.o.l :smiley:

You get all the cream you do Pat :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Nick it’s because you can only load to GVW once a certain length is reached because of the bridge law. So long and thin it is…

newmercman:
Nick it’s because you can only load to GVW once a certain length is reached because of the bridge law. So long and thin it is…

that’s crazy :unamused:

No that’s America :laughing:

newmercman:
No that’s America :laughing:

I thought that how you spelt it … Crazy :wink:

You’re not wrong :laughing:

nick2008:
could you not of gone on the side walk in between the post and got closer and a bit more down flow :question: :question: :question: :question:

It crackes me up …you have big units and Thin longer than needed tanker trailers :exclamation: wouldn’t it be easier with a shorter trailer with a slightly rounder tank :question: :question:

I agree with the bit about the long trucks, but experience ahs taught me that the longer narrow tanker means the center of gravity is lower, I can drive at 65 mph on highways and take curves at the same speed, the ride is great.

Least you haven’t gotta worry bout sliding your axles pat

taffytrucker:
Least you haven’t gotta worry bout sliding your axles pat

I don’t miss that mate, I hated that about pulling box vans, each time I am pulled into scales I am waived through, they can’t be bothered waiting for the liquid to settle, also on mobile scales when the drives go on the weight shifts to the back, when the back axles go on the weight shifts to the front. :laughing:

Use to hate it in the winter. -30 10" of snow and ice build up only to find out gotta slide em