Interesting Matrix Sign

youtube.com/watch?v=EjQw3nQl9d8

did you meet it? or had it happened 2 weeks ago in another part of the country heading the other direction?

Interesting indeed.

When a man walks around carrying a board that advertises " The End Of The World Is Nigh" we all just think he’s a nutter, don’t we?

Yet, if you saw that message on a motorway matrix sign, you’d be slightly puzzled but just carry on as normal.

I’m very much a people watcher, I love amateur psychology & like to think that I’m a free thinker . . .

I have several problems with the message shown on that sign.

1. Nobody seems to be paying any attention whatsoever to the fact that there is the distinct possibility that a vehicle is approaching them, whilst they may be driving correctly & legally, the resultant ‘head on collision’ is still going to physically hurt.

2. Someone who has the knowledge that a vehicle is being driven illegally & is highly likely to cause a major accident, is only advertising the fact that there might be the possibility of hitting an oncoming vehicle in the not too distant future, & not shutting down the flow of traffic towards it.

3. Nobody takes a blind bit of notice of Matrix signs anyway, so why not just bung any old message up there.

4. CGI graphics manipulation is sooo easy these days that you really shouldn’t believe anything that’s shown on YooToob without anything that can prove it’s authenticity.

Chas:
Interesting indeed.

When a man walks around carrying a board that advertises " The End Of The World Is Nigh" we all just think he’s a nutter, don’t we?

Yet, if you saw that message on a motorway matrix sign, you’d be slightly puzzled but just carry on as normal.

I’m very much a people watcher, I love amateur psychology & like to think that I’m a free thinker . . .

I have several problems with the message shown on that sign.

1. Nobody seems to be paying any attention whatsoever to the fact that there is the distinct possibility that a vehicle is approaching them, whilst they may be driving correctly & legally, the resultant ‘head on collision’ is still going to physically hurt.

2. Someone who has the knowledge that a vehicle is being driven illegally & is highly likely to cause a major accident, is only advertising the fact that there might be the possibility of hitting an oncoming vehicle in the not too distant future, & not shutting down the flow of traffic towards it.

3. Nobody takes a blind bit of notice of Matrix signs anyway, so why not just bung any old message up there.

4. CGI graphics manipulation is sooo easy these days that you really shouldn’t believe anything that’s shown on YooToob without anything that can prove it’s authenticity.

From the fellas username on here and the username on the YouTube account, it would say they match up.

Authentic I can ensure you if I was that good at CGI would not be driving trucks round the M25. Everyone did actual slow down although not to 20mph and seemed to be driving more aware. Didn’t see the oncoming vehicle but there was a police rolling road block on the other side.

manhoot71:
Authentic I can ensure you if I was that good at CGI would not be driving trucks round the M25. Everyone did actual slow down although not to 20mph and seemed to be driving more aware. Didn’t see the oncoming vehicle but there was a police rolling road block on the other side.

I’m not sure I’m in a position to fully believe you, it’s amazing what free software, a £199 laptop & too much time on your hands when parked overnight in a ■■■■■■■■■■■ MSA can do to warp a persons sense of reality.

I’m pretty sure that they would’ve stopped the traffic flow.

Do you have any more realistic fantasies that you can dream up from your bunk?

Nope, they wouldn’t stop the traffic unless it was confirmed. normally 20’s are set along with the message.
If it’s confirmed, then the police will possibly put a rolling block on, it’s one of those very unpredictable jobs.

We actually had one today, a car was reported as entering the motorway down the exit sliproad,
20’s “Oncoming vehicle” were set, the police searched for it but didn’t find it so it was assumed that they must have realised what they’d done and turned around, or managed to get onto the c/way at the bottom of the slip then going the right way. Once the police confirmed there was no trace, the signals were cleared. Now everyone can moan about matrix being set and nothing there!

Oncoming vehicles do happen from time to time. We have a collection of cctv clips of some of them, including one of your foreign colleagues in a 40ft artic that managed to travel for 3 junctions the wrong way on the M60 in the outside lane.

Chas:
I’m not sure I’m in a position to fully believe you, it’s amazing what free software, a £199 laptop & too much time on your hands when parked overnight in a ■■■■■■■■■■■ MSA can do to warp a persons sense of reality.

↑↑↑↑Rubbish↑↑↑↑

Just watch it full-screen in 1080HD and it’s easy to see this is genuine.
To manipulate the 9 seconds that the sign is in view would mean 225 single frames that would have to ‘fixed’.
Just how long would that take? And for what purpose?

As the OP said; if he was that good he wouldn’t be driving a truck.

I suppose the OP was again playing with his free software when he produced this CGI :unamused:

Chas:

Pot and kettle spring to mind

I don’t know why the OP is getting some disbeleif. I have seen this message on the matrix boards a few times.

Ian58:

Chas:

↑↑↑↑Rubbish↑↑↑↑

To manipulate the 9 seconds that the sign is in view would mean 225 single frames that would have to ‘fixed’.
Just how long would that take? And for what purpose?

As the OP said; if he was that good he wouldn’t be driving a truck.

I suppose the OP was again playing with his free software when he produced this CGI :unamused:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXlVZ-aoI14

Chas:

Pot and kettle spring to mind

I sat and watched that whole vid of the Lancaster expecting some special effects… :blush:

Ian58:

Chas:

↑↑↑↑Rubbish↑↑↑↑

Just how long would that take?

If someone wished to then using Adobe After Effects, or similar, you could do that in a few minutes. You wouldn’t have to alter the 225 frames individually, you could overlay a new image over the sign. New layer, a bit of motion tracking using a null object and some blending, throw in a bit of flicker to really sell it, and it’s pretty much job done. It would probably take longer, depending on the power of your PC, to encode and export it as a hi def video than it would to do the job.

paul@midway:
I don’t know why the OP is getting some disbeleif. I have seen this message on the matrix boards a few times.

I’ve set it more than a few times!!!

Coffeeholic:
If someone wished to then using Adobe After Effects, or similar, you could do that in a few minutes.

It would look awful and would be so easy to spot.

The point is, why would anybody go to the trouble; no matter how easy or hard; of doing it? I’ve seen that message before and countless thousands of other drivers have too.

The real Biffo:

paul@midway:

I’ve set it more than a few times!!!

But was there something coming the other way at the time? :wink:

I’ve only ever seen it once and I took it as a sign to pull into the services for a coffee and let them hit some other poor sod.

Ian58:

Coffeeholic:
If someone wished to then using Adobe After Effects, or similar, you could do that in a few minutes.

It would look awful and would be so easy to spot.

The point is, why would anybody go to the trouble; no matter how easy or hard; of doing it? I’ve seen that message before and countless thousands of other drivers have too.

It wouldn’t look awful or be that easy to spot, I’ve done similar things in videos I make and it hasn’t been spotted. As far as I can remember two of my videos on YouTube contain bits where small things were changed using that method.

I don’t know why someone would do it as like you I have seen that sign.