Interesting day

Started at brakes as some on here may know, 4 days class room induction all the boring stuff and signed my life away, anything goes wrong its down to driver lol.
One thing comes to mind and I have attached the digi print out, I now am mentored till I can handball like no tomorrow and run the fridges and make sure the temperature is maintained etc to avoid food poisoning, they have 2 kinds, but my question is they had me in slot 2 a long time on P.O.A. would vosa wear this as I was handballing is poa ok or should it really have been cross hammers, im a little disheartened as I assumed he knew the role, but im thinking I would need to tell vosa I watched to get away with it ■■? rog/tachograph will know for sure , opinions please.

digi 001.JPG

as you well know you should have been on ‘cross-hammers’ you naughty boy! vosa or whatever aren’t easily fooled!

When you get to a drop you should be putting it on crossed hammers if you are working. Even in slot 2. Unfortunately it can only record POA in slot 2 while driving around. If you feel that you cannot accurately account for your time with your card in slot 2, then the only option is to put manual entries on some tacho roll for that day.

Personally in your situation I’d stick in slot 2 and ask for it to be put on the hammers at every drop, and forget about it. You are worrying too much.

Cheers people ill have to check with the driver every drop, I was in 2 he driving and said he would do mine correct all day, unfortunately I trusted him. This training is for some weeks as 8 drops are put in it on shelves, the driver makes up the drop from the shelves picking as they go, takes a lot of working out where all the goods are. But I thought he could be wrong on P.O.A. Hence the question, that was my first day since passing of any work and he only let me drive back, hopefully a bit more behind the wheel tomorrow.

Don’t feel bad about it. Equally don’t feel bad about asking the driver to operate the mode switch for you. You are responsible for keeping your card square, so you are just showing a bit of professionalism.

mate you are not in the wrong, when your card goes in slot two it records poa when driving but automatically goes to other work when stopped you shouldn’t have to do anything? That was my assumption anyway.

ash 001:
mate you are not in the wrong, when your card goes in slot two it records poa when driving but automatically goes to other work when stopped you shouldn’t have to do anything? That was my assumption anyway.

Most digi tachographs appear to be set to default to POA while the vehicle is moving and Break while stationary.

mine is set to, poa while vehicle moving other work while stopped then put it on break manually when wanting to

ash 001:

Actually Ash, he is “in the wrong”. Regardless of what yours, or anybody else’s Tachograph default settings are(many are different by the way). He is wrong because its his card, and his responsibility to make sure that what I recorded on it is accurate.

As I said previously, its not a massive issue, and shouldn’t result in any lost sleep from the OP. just be aware that these procedures need checking until you are confident that its all going as you assumed it would

:laughing:

Thanks for all your replies, all going well now I even reported up to the infringement man, his opinion is they have loads of new passers and many have done the same the first day, so he could try a case with vosa on my behalf should it be required. But basically don’t sweat it and keep right now I have twigged on.
This site is a great place for newbies. :smiley: