Insurances

Hi
I just wanted some opinions from others who do a similar pattern of work, I work out of Doncaster with a relatively large though not blue chip company, we all do 1,2,3 nights out, and sometimes on the days that we are back home one of the night shift lads may use our unit, that’s not the problem though.
On two of the last three occurances that a night worker has turned the lorry over,( once by the wind, once speeding) the guy who calls the lorry his (full time day driver)has not been recompensed for loss of bedding, TV,food, shaver, you know all the bits that you need to do 2/3 nights out, and I wondered how other companies carried on in similar circumstances, I know it’s easy to say well empty your cab every time your back then put it in every morning, but come on that’s not really practical is it?, I mean it may not get used by another driver then that’s been a waste of time, talking of time our card would have to be in to shift everything in and out of the cab, as the unit would need to go to the car park to shift everything in and out.
Just in case anyone’s wondering the company initially told the latest driver to make a list off losses, then after he tried to chase it up ( over a period of six months) they finally came back to him and said he would have to produce receipts for every item, and no they were not being funny with him because he was ripping the ar@e out of it, he had been very fair and only listed TV and bedding.
Regards

If your house gets burgled the insurance will not pay out for anything at all unless you can prove you had it and what it cost. the only to prove this is supply a receipt, no receipt no payment

You mean I won’t get weighed out for those calloways I had half inched then :laughing:

This is a hardy perennial. Most companies won’t compensate a driver for his personal effects. They usually say that it’s up to him to get his own insurance. If fact, if you have home contents insurance, the stuff in your cab will be covered against damage and theft (you have to report thefts to the uninterested cops though).

In the same way you get Insurance for Cars, Property, Sports, Pets etc., now you can get Insurance for ■■■ !
Make sure that you get the correct type of insurance for the type of ■■■ you have in mind.
Listing below should assist you to find the way round companies providing cover for your particular needs.

a). ■■■ with your wife - Legal & General.

b). ■■■ on the telephone - Direct Line.

c). ■■■ with your Partner - Standard Life.

d). ■■■ with someone Different - Go Compare.

e). ■■■ with a lady of generous proportions - More Than.

f). ■■■ On the back seat of a car - Sheila’s Wheels.

g). ■■■ with a prostitute - Commercial Union.

h). ■■■ with your maid - Employer’s Liability.

i). ■■■ with an OAP - Saga.

j). ■■■ resulting in pregnancy - General Accident.

. . . . . . . . . and finally

k). ■■■ with a transvestite - Confused.com

It’s imperative to make sure you are adequately covered!

martin m:
Hi
I just wanted some opinions from others who do a similar pattern of work, I work out of Doncaster with a relatively large though not blue chip company, we all do 1,2,3 nights out, and sometimes on the days that we are back home one of the night shift lads may use our unit, that’s not the problem though.
On two of the last three occurances that a night worker has turned the lorry over,( once by the wind, once speeding) the guy who calls the lorry his (full time day driver)has not been recompensed for loss of bedding, TV,food, shaver, you know all the bits that you need to do 2/3 nights out, and I wondered how other companies carried on in similar circumstances, I know it’s easy to say well empty your cab every time your back then put it in every morning, but come on that’s not really practical is it?, I mean it may not get used by another driver then that’s been a waste of time, talking of time our card would have to be in to shift everything in and out of the cab, as the unit would need to go to the car park to shift everything in and out.
Just in case anyone’s wondering the company initially told the latest driver to make a list off losses, then after he tried to chase it up ( over a period of six months) they finally came back to him and said he would have to produce receipts for every item, and no they were not being funny with him because he was ripping the ar@e out of it, he had been very fair and only listed TV and bedding.
Regards

Very few will cover a drivers personal gear.
Most will say the vehicle is ours to assign to who ever we need to,if you want to leave your personal stuff it the vehicle its at your own risk.
Like when you park your car in a car park its at your own risk.