insurance

Hi there,

I have had my own Ltd business doing other things for past 5 years.

Going through agency I need liability insurance. Anyone recommend a decent company and price to go with?

Cheers

Simply Business 0845 071 0270. Or the comparison websites will find the cheapest. Should be about £100 premium. Read the policy doc very carefully. You are buying public liability. You don’t need “product” liability as you do not sell a product. The people for whom you drive will (should) have a policy covering anyone who drives for them. I don’t think it matters whether you are self employed, employed or sent by the agency. The goods in the wagon, the wagon and your third party liability are all covered by the client’s insurance. The goods are covered by the receiving company once they are off your wagon. As far as I can see, the only risk is if you have unloaded the goods on to the pavement and a member of the public trips over them. It would be arduous to prove your liability. I posted an enquiry on TNUK a while back asking if anyone had ever heard of anyone claiming on their public liability insurance. There was nil response. If you want to take it further ask your union (URTU). If the agency ask you to sign any “terms”. Read it carefully and cross out any bits which transfer liability to you. Write out your terms (eg …no liability is accepted for…) and get the agency bod to sign it. Tell him he doesn’t need to read it, its just a formality. They are desperate for you. there is a driver shortage. Post a reply to let us know how you got on