Insurance

Has anybody had decent quotes lately, mine runs out end of month need to find a decent insurer, thanks

give Circle Insurance a call, they are a broker, but are very good, ask for Richard

01623 491500

i have been with them for the last 7 years

Mine runs out at the end of June, I’m hoping to get it down to around £2,200 with GIT, whether I do is another matter!

Bluefin I find are great to deal with and always get me a good deal. They also know exactly what requirements are needed for different work.

Thanks for the replies, Circle Insurance were expensive double of my lowest quote

Cant talk about GIT or professional insurance but both our personal car insurances have gone down this year on the year old “reasonably priced car” by about £50 and on the aged Discovery by £300- and that’s with the same broker and insurance company- and including business milage - is there a sea change - is anyone else seeing a reduction in premiums?

Rikki-UK:
Cant talk about GIT or professional insurance but both our personal car insurances have gone down this year on the year old “reasonably priced car” by about £50 and on the aged Discovery by £300- and that’s with the same broker and insurance company- and including business milage - is there a sea change - is anyone else seeing a reduction in premiums?

Didn’t there used to be an insurance expert on these forums Ricki?

Just about 2 finalise mine @ £2750.
rha @ 500.00 pt.
£2500.00 event.
2 mill public liability.

Done with
[QuoteMeToday.co.uk/]
(http://QuoteMeToday.co.uk/)

Towergate asking 3600!

Cheapest i have had is 910, 1210 any driver, 1664 inc eu from one business, for 7.5t, im with towergate wont be goin with them again.

We had all our business policies, fleet, GIT, etc with Towergate for 10 years, swapped last year to a policy through a broker and halved it ! Couldn’t believe the difference.
More shocking was Towergate offering to match the price as the policy was identical. So they were basically admitting to robbing us for at least part of the previous 10 years…
The broker who sorted it out are based in boston, lincs.http://www.sutcliffe-insurance.co.uk/ A very nice young lady called Helen is our account manager, she made sure that we were covered for exactly the same to keep the comparisons fair.

You must change every year, they all try to put one up you at renewal time.

yes every year they try it on even with car insurance and magicaly they can match the price

Towergate have posted a £6 million loss for 2012, and they posted a £27 million loss for 2011 (revised from £75.5 million) - wouldn’t be surprised if they were trying to rip their customers off if they’re running at that much of a loss.

Where’s the best place to look for new truck insurance companies?

sheep1:
yes every year they try it on even with car insurance and magicaly they can match the price

Underwriters can set the price at whatever they want - they could write you a policy for £1 if they really wished too. What they do is base their price against other companies, and on the risk they think you present as a client. That means if they think there is a high risk you’ll have an accident and make a claim, then they try to protect themselves by increasing the premium to offset the potential claim costs.

When they offer to price match, it’s because they accept they may have misjudged the risk you present, so they revise their figure in a bid to secure your business. A lot of people falsify other companies quotes to get their current insurer to lower their premium.

I’m with Anthony Jones at the moment after being with Towergate, (bit mardy) & Circle, Julie is nice to deal with but couldn’t match Anthony jones on price.

They all quote low to get you business maybe at a loss leader & then put it up the following year, just a balancing act between non stroppy service and cost really.

Just to add I think all the policies have been with the same actual insurance company, Aviva I think but it’s how much the broker wants to put on top for their slice.

I think Towergate went cheap to get the business in & are maybe realising that wasn’t such a great idea now.

I think Towergate went cheap to get the business in & are maybe realising that wasn’t such a great idea now.

We see this time and time again in the industry - new companies pitch up and write cheap premiums, then fold because they cannot sustain the business when the loss rations come in from all the claims.

If you write 10 policies at £1000 each, then one of those drivers has a fault accident with a whiplash claim that you have to pay out, you already stand to lose your entire profit margin.

By law, if you ask a broker what administration/arrangement fees they are charging, they have to legally disclose them. You tend to find if you challenge them they will reduce/remove the fee since they are paid commission anyway from the underwriter so they still make profit from selling you the insurance.

At the last brokerage firm I worked for, they would charge you up to 40% of your premium as an arrangement fee - on a £3000 truck policy, they’d be adding £1200 on top for themselves. Pure greed some companies.

Rang up the insurance co today for a quote to add an 18 year old who passed his test 3 months ago, extra £600 year for an artic, seemed cheap.