insurance

Good evening, i am new on here so please be gentle with me :blush: . I passed my Class 2 back in March and am having trouble getting a job driving do to insurance reasons(must have been passed for 2 years+experiance). this i am finding difficult to get my head round. I have done 7.5 ton driving before (no accidents/claims) so have experiance. Btw i am in full time employment (farm manager) and aged 48( :blush: ). Any comments would be appreciated.

Most places want at least 6 mth checkable experience & BTW 7.5t counts for nowt on Cat C soz

Yep I have had this in the past but have done some agency work so that has helped & I am the same age but did small vans & 7.5t before moving up

Dont give up keep trying as 1 day you will do it but dont give up your job yet although there soon will be quite a bit of work around up until Dec at least

There are also a lot of experienced driver out there looking for work so you may have to join a que

Cheers Animal, for the input,wont be giving job up until the time is right?. Maybe Agency work is the answer?? . But after spending £800 on medical,theory, lgv training then test, then to find companys are reluctant to take you on because of the cost of insurance. Insurance companys are stopping people from getting jobs in my opinion :imp: rant over :wink:

if you plan on doing your C+E in the future i would get it done as soon as possible if i were you, as you will only be having the same problem in the future with that as well. i know it might not seem like a good idea, but i had the 2 years experience problem when i passed my C+E, i was on a long term agency placement and the company i was working for, i just pestered them to put me out in an artic and eventually they gave in, i have been driving artics for 6 months now and i only passed 10 months ago

Thanks Selby, am doing C+E(another £800 :cry: ) soon but was hoping to get experiance driving 18t. But you are right in what you saying.

Hi jackg,

jackg:
Good evening, i am new on here so please be gentle with me :blush: .

OK mate, but “gentle” comes as standard on this forum. :wink: :grimacing:

jackg:
I passed my Class 2 back in March

:grimacing: CONGRATULATIONS on passing your LGV “C” test :smiley:
:smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley:

jackg:
… and am having trouble getting a job driving do to insurance reasons(must have been passed for 2 years+experiance). this i am finding difficult to get my head round. I have done 7.5 ton driving before (no accidents/claims) so have experiance.

The insurers have their way of doing things, it’s sometimes rather silly, but there’s not much any of us can do about it.
The only thing I can think of is that you ask around the circle of people that you already know, because they might have different arrangements with their insurers.

Another idea might be to try the driver agencies because not all of them have the same rules.

This part caught my eye…

jackg:
… after spending £800 on medical,theory, lgv training then test …

That’s a rather good price, so would you be in a postition to recommend the LGV training provider that you used in case it could benefit others on here please?
BTW, it’s OK to name a company in this way, cos that wouldn’t breach the forum rule on advertising. :smiley:

jackg:
Thanks Selby, am doing C+E(another £800 :cry: ) soon but was hoping to get experiance driving 18t. But you are right in what you saying.

goodluck with your C+E, hope you pass 1st time. I hope you manage to get some time out in an 18t before you do your C+E, because once you pass your C+E you wont want to drive an 18t at all, i hated driving a 18t after i had my C+E and couldnt wait to be let ;loose in an artic.

as has already been said, you have got yourself a decent price at £800, i thought i done well with the price i got(£875).

goodluck

Thanks dieseldave, I am only to glad to recommend the lgv training provider, here are the details :

Martins driver training 610 Dereham Rd Norwich Norfolk NR5 8TE

Tele: 01263 443954

Mobile: 078838 378551

Email: martin@mdtnorwich.co.uk

Web Site: mdtnorwich.co.uk

Thanks Selby newcomer, £875 is still s good price. Another lgv/hgv training provider near Dereham is charging £2000 :open_mouth: Will be booking hgv very very soon.