insurance

hi please help i nead insurance for my tractor unit i have to pick it up but my insurance company will not cover me until my op centra is up and running does any one have any info i could try many thanks lar

Until your O licence is granted and your operating centre is up and running (so you have somewhere to park it) you cannot legally drive the tractor unit, hence why your insurance company are refusing to cover you.

so i can not park it at my farm until the op centa is done

Might be hard work on the insurance unless you can get some blanket cover for any business use vehicle you’re licenced to drive.

Yes you can have it at your farm. There are no operator’s licence issues regarding collecting it from the dealer and parking it up at either your prospective operating centre or anywhere off the public highway provided you don’t ‘operate’ it - ie move goods or load about - however I wouldn’t go buzzing about in it solo too much without the o-licence just to avoid the grief if some busybody did complain. A trip to fill up with diesel moving it to another storage location or to get its MOT, for example, are all fine prior to the licence being granted.

In actual fact not having a vehicle to specify on the o-licence application can potentially hinder it being granted.

Why not get the dealer or seller to deliver it on their insurance and lichee ?

thanks everyone yes i will be picking it up in a couple weeks ■■■ i have used your surgestion and used blanket cover from my other unit