Insurance to cover short term hire

Hi

I am looking for an insurance broker/company that will cover a vehicle for 2-3 months

Any body got any experience of this??

Thanks
James

What type of vehicle?

It’ll be hard to find and WILL be expensive if you can find it. If you have fleet insurance then you should be able to add it that

It’s for a tractor unit and bulkier,

We’re farmers with fleet insurance for our or other vehicles, wil have to see what NFU mutual have to say

James

If it’s for something seasonal and its your own stuff but what ever happens you’ll need an operators licence and cpc holder and the driver will need a drivers cpc which is something seperate

jetemp:
It’s for a tractor unit and bulkier,

We’re farmers with fleet insurance for our or other vehicles, wil have to see what NFU mutual have to say

James

The Nfu are very good ,I’ve had some policies with them and had a pro rata refund if that’s what you call it after 2 months out of 12 .

Yep - NFU can do this

alix776:
If it’s for something seasonal and its your own stuff but what ever happens you’ll need an operators licence and cpc holder and the driver will need a drivers cpc which is something seperate

Yeh I know, operators license under application due to be granted at the beginning of July. Just to correct you on one point if I were to apply for a restricted o license I wouldn’t need an operators cpc holder. As it happens were applying for a standard national and I’m the cpc holder!

James

to be fair if you’ve got a tm cpc you may as well get a standard national as you could always do a bit for others with your wagon and you still got to keep an eye on inspections, drivers hours , defects etc . you don’t need to give vehicle details till you buy / rent wagon and when it comes up for 5 year renewal you just get a letter from someone to say they can 'supply ’ you with a wagon as and when you need it

Leyland that is exactly what we have done, a letter from a hire company was fine to say we had access to a vehicle when we wanted. We run a commercial grain store aswell as a large scale farming business. The master plan is to run a vehicle all year round, we are dipped ng our toe in the water this harvest to see if we can make it work with the ‘farming’ side of our business. I am confident if we can get it to work at harvest I can keep it busy for the rest of the year.

James