Insurance quote

Due to do my insurance soon for my car…

Where it asks for annual mileage does this just apply to the car you are using or any mileage (ie truck at work)

Thanks

I’ve only ever given them the mileage I do in my own car, As fr as I was concerned the truck mileage is down to another insurance company.

thats what i’ve done in the past, but was just checking as you know what these insurance companies are like… :wink:

+1. However if you’re an agency driver and use the car to go to work you need to put business use down as commuting is only to a single place of work and the business mileage you put down is what you reckon the travel to work mileage will be over a year. It costs nothing extra but gives them one less excuse to refuse a claim. Also means you’re covered should you decide to go umbrella/Ltd.

Conor:
+1. However if you’re an agency driver and use the car to go to work you need to put business use down as commuting is only to a single place of work and the business mileage you put down is what you reckon the travel to work mileage will be over a year. It costs nothing extra but gives them one less excuse to refuse a claim. Also means you’re covered should you decide to go umbrella/Ltd.

I stand correcting if I am wrong but it makes no difference if your Agency or not, where you commute to for your days work is irrelevant, as in most cases you are not being paid for commuting only for the hours you work at a Company premises
If you are paid mileage for commuting in your own car and paid from the time you leave home that`s different,its business.

Read the help panel when getting your quote and it says commuting is to a single place of work. It also says that on the policy. A single permanent place of work is a single permanent place of work. Its not about being paid for travel or not, with agency work because you’re not travelling to the same place you don’t have a normal place of work, unless you’re like me and will only go to one place and nowhere else, and because of that you can claim mileage allowance whether you’re self employed, umbrella or PAYE.

From Confused.com’s online quote help:

Social only covers normal day-to-day driving, but not driving to or from a place of work. Social and commuting covers everyday driving, and also covers your commute to a permanent place of work. Business use by you covers all of the above, plus your business driving away from the normal place of work. Business use by you & spouse extends the cover to your spouse. Commercial travelling cover may also be needed if driving is a permanent aspect of your job and you are selling goods or services.

From Moneysupermarket.com

Social only (SD&P) - if you never use the car to drive to work.
Social and commuting to a single place of work/study (SDP&C) - if you drive to and from a single place of work/study and no other business travel takes place.
Business use by the policy holder - if you use the car on business away from your single place of work.
Business use by the policyholder’s spouse - if your husband or wife uses the car on business away from their single place of work.
Business use by the policyholder and their spouse – if you both use the car on business away from your individual places of work.
Business use by any driver – if anyone else you’re insuring to drive the car uses it for business.