Insurance 6 Pointers

This always makes me smile but gets my back up too:

“If you have previous experience of driving HGV 1 and hold a full UK driving licence and digi card with no more than 6 points for insurance reasons…”

Can anybody from these desk bound insurance tossers explain how they reach this criteria? A persistant offender would not be on the road anyway as they would collect the required points to be banned rather quickly whereas someone else may have taken a very long time to acquire just 6 or 9 points and therefore pose no greater ‘risk’ than any other driver! Just smacks of rip off UK as usual to me.

Anyone like to give a rational explanation?

yep your right there mate… i been a professional driver for nearly 20 years since 18 and up until last year had a clean license…This was accrued for undertaking a stranded car in the snow… What a joke i say… This day and age it is all about making money and ripping people off who just want to earn a living and the government wonders why people want to live on the dole… This day and age if i was 18 again i would never have become a bus & hgv driver waste of money what with vosa on your case and this cpc rubbish… I have even thought about giving the profession up myself as i have always worked since 16 not claiming 1 penny from the state… Will like to see what happens in 2014 statistics show 100,000 driver shortage already. I reckon that will be 150 - 200,00 by 2015… What also makes me laugh is that when someone pays almost £3000 for their licences they apply for jobs and get told sorry our insurance company wants 2 years experience… I was lucky London transport put me through in 96 and when i went coach i told a few white lies about companies that had gone bust. That always seems to work as there is no background checks to confirm that u did or did not work there…

fredthered:
This always makes me smile but gets my back up too:

“If you have previous experience of driving HGV 1 and hold a full UK driving licence and digi card with no more than 6 points for insurance reasons…”

Can anybody from these desk bound insurance tossers explain how they reach this criteria? A persistant offender would not be on the road anyway as they would collect the required points to be banned rather quickly whereas someone else may have taken a very long time to acquire just 6 or 9 points and therefore pose no greater ‘risk’ than any other driver! Just smacks of rip off UK as usual to me.

Anyone like to give a rational explanation?

if you class 3 to 5 years as a very long time

Aren’t points on your licence for four years max?

raymundo:
Aren’t points on your licence for four years max?

count for 3 years but can’t be removed until 4 years, but some insurance companies ask - any points in the last 5 years?

we all know that insurance generally goes up with more points, if a firm only want to pay the premium that covers up to 6 points that’s up to them, if they fill the positions then they’ve saved that money, if they don’t they’ll offer more wages or stump up to the insurance and relax the point policy. supply and demand, what is there not to understand?

stevieboy308:
we all know that insurance generally goes up with more points,

And if they’re convictions for an offence such as careless driving or driving without insurance as opposed to a couple of speeding ones then quite considerably more.