Insulated Tipper Body

Hi,

Just wondering what do people consider the best make of insulated tipper bodies for rigid’s these days.

wilcox or aliweld both very popular,welding is 1st class seen a new fruehauf 8 wheeler body last wk ,welding in places was very poor and untidy.

TOECUTTER:
wilcox or aliweld both very popular,welding is 1st class seen a new fruehauf 8 wheeler body last wk ,welding in places was very poor and untidy.

Hi Toecutter,

I had looked at Wilcox but they seem a bit heavy compared to other makes.

Absolutely no doubt about it Garstang truck bodies. Unfortunately they are very busy at the moment and the proprioter Jim Gerrity is rather difficult to deal with.Tony Hayton at arkholme near Carnforth is nearly as good and is great to deal with. I think Wilcox have been bump two or three times.

Tarmac duck:
Absolutely no doubt about it Garstang truck bodies. Unfortunately they are very busy at the moment and the proprioter Jim Gerrity is rather difficult to deal with.Tony Hayton at arkholme near Carnforth is nearly as good and is great to deal with. I think Wilcox have been bump two or three times.

Cheers Tarmac Duck I 'll give them a try, as for lead times I think anybody with a decent product is quite busy at the moment.

Meiller? Do they have no Uk presence? Iv never seen a single meiller unit in the Uk, or thought i do spend the majority of my driving time in southern Germany and Austria.

My opinion has to be PPG I don’t even price anything else.the very best by a country mile

image.jpg

Must be a good sheet otherwise all the stone will fall out :smiley:

Hi Hodgeturbo,

That Scania looks sweet what tare weight are you getting on it with the PPG body.

Chris

Tarmac duck:
Must be a good sheet otherwise all the stone will fall out :smiley:

its a belter :open_mouth:

lymer2k:
Hi Hodgeturbo,

That Scania looks sweet what tare weight are you getting on it with the PPG body.

Chris

11.900 when new,its 4 years old now couple of patches on the floor weighed in at 12.180 this week.480,12 speed box,retarder.370,000 kms only had 1 axle brakes relined

scania.jpgHodgy’s Tipper