Inspection Checklist Template

Hello all,

Can anyone help me with a vehicle inspection checklist template in Excel, Word or similar that I can use instead of buying the checklist books at £3 a time?

Preferably one that has Monday to Sunday on one A4 sheet so you can have one sheet for a working week.

Any help on this would be greatly received. Thanks!

bulsta:
Hello all,

Can anyone help me with a vehicle inspection checklist template in Excel, Word or similar that I can use instead of buying the checklist books at £3 a time?

Why do you want your own inspection checklist?

It is not a legal requirement. If you’re driving someone else’s vehicle then a signed checklist might be an internal requirement, if you’re driving your own vehicle then a few mins of other work on the tacho is all that’s required.

I’m trying to save the cost of buying inspection books for all of our drivers, on behalf of the operator…

bulsta:
I’m trying to save the cost of buying inspection books for all of our drivers, on behalf of the operator…

I’ve worked for one or two Co’s where inspection booklets don’t exist. They’re not necessary & they do nothing to stop unroadworthy vehicles.

Why bother?

I have a requirement to produce one, which is why I’m asking. Can anyone else help? Thx.

Am I alone in thinking, that if you don’t know what to put down on a list to be checked, you really shouldn’t be trusted with this, probably a simplest of tasks?

I’m a cheapskate too so I produce my own, no Excel or anything though, just a photocopier.

So here’s the front and back, six reports for a week. Then every Monday I write the w/c date on the top and the week number. They haven’t scanned very well but you get the idea.

Chas:
Am I alone in thinking, that if you don’t know what to put down on a list to be checked, you really shouldn’t be trusted with this, probably a simplest of tasks?

Don’t get me wrong chas I know what should be on it (I already have the books remember). What I’m looking for is something that I can print out and has 7 days a week on it to save some cost.

Thanks for your input anyway bud.

i have got one that was designed for a project to help with my brothers business, between us, we came up with the format where it has drivers name/week commencing and vehicle reg at the top, then a fuel record of litres/date and odo reading, below that is a run sheet where the driver records all the work he has done, then below that is a non day specific (but has 6 days) defect reporting sheet

the back of the sheet is used for the drivers time sheet

this has cut my paper trail down from 3 sheets to 1 :grimacing:

also, there is no need for 5 or 6 seperate little sheets from the book :wink:

shuttlespanker:
i have got one that was designed for a project to help with my brothers business, between us, we came up with the format where it has drivers name/week commencing and vehicle reg at the top, then a fuel record of litres/date and odo reading, below that is a run sheet where the driver records all the work he has done, then below that is a non day specific (but has 6 days) defect reporting sheet

the back of the sheet is used for the drivers time sheet

this has cut my paper trail down from 3 sheets to 1 :grimacing:

also, there is no need for 5 or 6 seperate little sheets from the book :wink:

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

Harry Monk:
I’m a cheapskate too so I produce my own, no Excel or anything though, just a photocopier.

So here’s the front and back, six reports for a week. Then every Monday I write the w/c date on the top and the week number. They haven’t scanned very well but you get the idea.

Have to say Harry I think this is a great idea and just done this tonight after reading a previous thread
Every little helps!