Insider Scrolling Banner Problem

I’m having a problem with the new insider banner when browsing wth Firefox… When a page loads it briefly displays the whole content of the banner rather than the scrolling list. Works fine with Internet Explorer.

Otherwise a good idea as I do forget to have a read of it.

it does that here too ! never thought of trying exploder though!!!

Will have a word with the programmers…
It may be an issue with Firefox that we cannot resolve

Unfortunatly most folks still use Microsoft IE and we do have to cater for the majority

ps: works fine with Opera :open_mouth: :wink:

Rikki-UK:
Will have a word with the programmers…
It may be an issue with Firefox that we cannot resolve

it may be because it has been doing the same with the news on the frontpage for ages !!

Unfortunatly most folks still use Microsoft IE and we do have to cater for the majority

ps: works fine with Opera :open_mouth: :wink:

:imp: :imp: :laughing: :laughing:

It does the same “displaying it all briefly” thing with Mozilla too and it’s a right PITA as it messes up the browser so when you click “back” you don’t end up back at the same place in the previous page that you were at.

grumble

Paul

I use Mozilla and as Rep says, its a right PITA.

What I am more concerned about though, is the length of time it takes to download. Its only a few extra seconds on a 1meg broadband connection, so not really a prob’ for me. There are still some people on a dial-up connection for a variety of reasons, including not having broadband available in their area. I hate to think how long it takes to download on one of those, if it does take any longer.

I’m connected through a GSM connection at the moment Simon and it doesn’t seem to be slowing the page loading time, they are coming in as normal for this connection speed.

Please make it stop it hurts my eyes :open_mouth: :blush:

simon

I think it could be a problem with Java. Try disabling Java script in ‘Tools’ >‘Options’ > ‘Web Features’.

I think it could be a problem with Java. Try disabling Java script in ‘Tools’ >‘Options’ > ‘Web Features’.

Thanks, that works for me.

its only started doing it today for some reason?? was ok before! :confused:

It’s a right pain in the arse!!

It only started doing it a day of two ago but that ‘Insider’ info takes upto 12 seconds to move on. I get it every time I go to the forum list. :imp:

I’ve used Firefox for ages now, and it has been excellent and problem free so far. Rikki, whatever the techies have done, ask them to undo it please. :unamused:

P.S. Disabling Java is not an option for me - I need it for other things that are on my PC. Don’t make me choose between Java/Trucknet, you wouldn’t like the answer… :wink: :wink:

By the way, I deleted Internet Explorer ages ago so that’s not an option.

Rikki, I’m not clued up on Java Script but it may be a Syntax Error. See if your techies could check the code again.

Marcus, just disable the Java Script not all Java see if that works for your other stuff. As a lot of the extras on the forum use Java Script ,like the emoticons etc, when posting a reply, it is a bit of a pain. :frowning:

The USA site is also suffering from page load delay
They do not have the RSS feed on their forums so it may be something else.

the tech guys are looking into it

Mucho scratching of heads going on…

In the mean time we have diasbled the Java script so page load times should improve

Ay, 'tis definately better now!! :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

marcustandy:
Ay, 'tis definately better now!! :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

You beat me too it Marcus, :smiley: :smiley: again.