insecure load

if seen by plod would he get done.

Makes you think, what’s happening behind the doors of other box trucks… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

It’s hard to say who’s the worst, the driver who had an open door and an unsecured load or the idiot who followed and seemingly made no effort to warn the LGV driver that the door was open and the trolleys were rolling around :unamused:

I’m not sure but I think VOSA would have done the driver but I’m not so sure about the police.

I have to say though that I would have no sympathy whatsoever for the driver, doesn’t make sure the door is closed properly and doesn’t secure the load, one mistake is fare enough but this video seems to indicate a driver who’s either too lazy or too incompetent to bother about doing the job right :unamused:

It’s over three years since that video was made so lets hope the driver has either learned to be less lazy or got out of road transport.

Lol, I’m on for brakes in one of their poxy rigids typing this! I’ll ask in the transport office if they’ve seen this when I get back to Grantham :laughing: in (not so) sunny Brighton at the moment.

tachograph:
It’s hard to say who’s the worst, the driver who had an open door and an unsecured load or the idiot who followed and seemingly made no effort to warn the LGV driver that the door was open and the trolleys were rolling around :unamused:

Well, it happened to me once that the strap went off. Believe me, even few empty cages makes so much noise and vibration that it’s impossible that he wasn’t aware what’s going on.

darkseeker:
Lol, I’m on for brakes in one of their poxy rigids typing this! I’ll ask in the transport office if they’ve seen this when I get back to Grantham :laughing: in (not so) sunny Brighton at the moment.

I cant see the point getting someone else into trouble for fun, nothing fell out, the cages are still upright and the load would be delivered intact

I didn’t intend it to be getting anyone into trouble - I had a fair idea what the reaction would be though; a chuckle and “sounds about right for this place”

The guy I asked doesn’t give a monkeys (generally). they didn’t know and (as expected) don’t care.

the amount of weight in Brakes cages he would certainly have felt it moving around in the back.

Depending on how long the door was open, the temperature may have risen above 5 degrees and affected the condition of the load.

Must be an agency driver! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

OOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooo… hahahaha… On the flip side though I bet it aint. Half the time full time drivers are so hacked off with their jobs (wages) that they cant be bothered to do it properly… :stuck_out_tongue: Or is that just my take on things?? lol :smiling_imp:

orys:

tachograph:

Well, it happened to me once that the strap went off. Believe me, even few empty cages makes so much noise and vibration that it’s impossible that he wasn’t aware what’s going on.

So true, I too have had that to happen and you immediately know cages are loose, they make that much noise.

Must be one of the Head Brothers, ■■■■ or Nobby.
I can just imagine the call to the leasing company;
DH. Got a few defects on your motor, Mate.
The tail lift buttons in the back don’t work; (Engineer’s report, button box has severe impact damage.)
Shutter won’t come down; (Engineer’s report, shutter cables wrapped around tensionr through bouncing along the road with shutter open.)
Fridge won’t hold temperature; (Engineer’s report, won’t hold temperature due to damaged shutter & missing curtain strips.)

I don’t wish to labour the point but, as others have said, the driver MUST have known he’d a loose cage in the back. Many years ago, when I was nobbut a lad driving for Eden Vale, (I’m not saying how many but Noah was just a YTS deckhand saving up for his first rowing boat), I knew instantly if something was adrift in the back of the wagon.
I’m not a violent man, but I want to slap the bloke’s mum for not having headache the night his dad felt reproductive!

:laughing: saying that though, I had a strap come loose on one of my first ever runs (not for brakes). I had a strap every two layers (so 6cages) and the lorry was absolutely packed with only an inch or two in any direction. This strap had come off altogether but I only felt/heard one bump and assumed it was normal given the state of the road I was on and the rickety old shed I was driving :blush:

Got to the shop that I was delivering to and there was stuff everywhere. Most of it was tobacco products so not cheap, a few bottles of bleach too - the smell was almost unbearable in the summer heat, the phone call I had to make was worse though. Luckily everyone was really good about it but I learnt to strap up more carefully pretty quick!

I’m sure the driver in the vid would’ve known about that though.

darkseeker:
I’m sure the driver in the vid would’ve known about that though.

Most certainly, he would have known. At DHL, we used (CMP) Collapsible Metal Pallets, cage trolleys and aircraft bins. Ideally you tried to block in the cages with a CMP or a bin. On some routes only cages could be used and if they had an uneven amount at the station you may have to return with an odd cage clamped to the side. invariably these clamps used to let go occasionally and a bin would run amok inside an aviation security sealed trailer however Miss Daisy you drove.