Insecure load M62

Thoughts on this

Looks like cushions. Whole load probably weighs less than a ton [emoji23]
Crack on drive I’d be saying.

Judging by the tyres i doubt there’s enough weight in those bales to worry about, unless you stacked them carefully stitching them together no way you could strap or net them anyway, but the way vosa or whatever they call themselves this week are going i can see more and more loads going inside high sided bulkers/walking floors.

I looks like a load of cushions to me too. It’s crap like this that makes me glad I do fridge work now. I hope I never have to do curtainside work ever again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not too sure which outfit this is … looks like an old Nuttall’s unit and old Nampak Trl. … but I can think of a few firms that are going to be in the proverbial, if VOSA start on these firms … John Cotton’s @ Mirfield with duvets :exclamation:

Is that a joke? That could be contained by ■■■ papers… and still mr scrap man’s transit is 2t over weight and stacked to the clouds.

They need to take a deep breath.

They only enforce stoopid laws, that aren’t given any thoughts in the real world. The law is an ■■■, ask Nina what she would recommend…

Wait until the stop a lin-pac load, or one of carpenters loaded with foam…

Let’s hope they don’t find the countless loads of teddy bears that come in loose like this. The humanity!

nomiS36:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
thats the entire answer in a common sense nutshell.
this is a perfect example of why vosa are treated with so much cotempt and regarded as bean counting fools.

im wanting for someone to post that they arrested the driver but he got out on bale??

nomiS36:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
thats the entire answer in a common sense nutshell.
this is a perfect example of why vosa are treated with so much cotempt and regarded as bean counting fools.

im wanting for someone to post that they arrested the driver but he got out on bale??

Someone posted on Facespace that apparently one of the firms other lorries had had one or more of them come out during transit on the M62. Don’t ask me how, I don’t know.

Wouldn’t have taken 5 minutes to pop the internals on to show willing though.

nomiS36:

But equally they look like punch bags you find in gyms so could probably weigh several tonnes.

I Googled…

How much does a punchbag weigh?

The average punchbag is 45.3 kilos or 100lbs in old money. Now, I can’t claim to know how many are in there but I reckon if they were punchbags it would need a quad-axle trailer and quite possibly a Volvo 750 to get it moving at all.

Conor:

That assumes the loaders hadn’t jammed the internals to the back. Plus if they opened the curtains the whole lot would fall out.

Used to do work for a company shipping foam rolls and had the same problem - all internals rammed behind the load. Very surprised they don’t get pulled.

The curtains were bulging excessively :astonished: my arse I’m just glad this current mob weren’t around when we had the old tilt trailers :sunglasses:

Conor:
Someone posted on Facespace that apparently one of the firms other lorries had had one or more of them come out during transit on the M62. Don’t ask me how, I don’t know.

Right so how do you then attache the internals without unbuckling the curtain? Unbuckling the curtain means the load falls out.

Cushions or similar, looks like 4 in a bag, can’t see it being punch bags, would have thought they would be packed singularly it they are 40 odd kgs a piece, makes each bag around 160kgs.

Some of us on here will have worked at firms where you wouldn’t have been allowed out the yard unless the curtains
were bulging like that.

There’s more webbed strap per kg of load with that curtain than on any flatbed of straw bales.

I don’t understand the obsession with ‘load bearing’ and ‘load rating’ either. The plywood sides of a box van have no load rating as such either. Whether a load can be constrained by either strong tarpaulin laced with web strapping or a 25mm thick bit of plywood can easily be assessed by a combination of commonsense and experience for a load of cushions/bubblewrap/toilet rolls etc there’s never any need to break out the scientific calculator to work out how many ratchet straps you need to use to totally destroy any part of the load they touch.

Lucky they never saw my load then.
Was a few years back mind & thought I would have a kip while it was being loaded in Prato, yes rolls of cloth that are not light.
Well it turned out that they had loaded them all on the gun & I had a new Willhire tilt at the time that looked like a tanker by the time I got back to the UK as it was by then round. :open_mouth:
Willhire were not happy thats for sure.