Initial DCPC question [Split from sticky topic]

can someone please explain to me the route I have to go down to get my cpc initial? I am a class 1 driver,for many years but have decided to take my PCV and thought I might as well do my cpc now!

Sadly I booked with the thieving so I am non the wizer and out of money

just trying to find out the process now I am gonna have to do it

thanx in advance

I’ve moved your post to where I think it will be better answered. dd.

BUMP :grimacing:

You will need to pass Module 2 which is a case studies test conducted at the theory test centre. You will then need a short course of training - normally around 3 hours - followed by the Module 4 test which is a practical demonstration test also carried out with you and your vehicle at the practical driving test centre. Your trainer should be able to help you with this. There is training material on offer via some trainers for Mod 2.

Once you have passed Mod 2 and Mod 4 and your practical driving test, any periodic driver cpc you undertake will credit to both licences. You only have to complete 35 hours in total (not 70).

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I’m just wondering if you already have a D1 on your licence, and whether you get grandfather rights because of that (as you do with C1)? If that is the case then you wouldn’t be able to do Mod 2 and 4, merely requiring the periodic training.

Smart Mart:
I’m just wondering if you already have a D1 on your licence, and whether you get grandfather rights because of that (as you do with C1)? If that is the case then you wouldn’t be able to do Mod 2 and 4, merely requiring the periodic training.

A D1 with a 101 restriction code is not valid for dcpc aquired/grandfather rights

Having aquired/grandfather rights for LGV but needing dcpc initial modules 2 & 4 for PCV gets a little interesting in regards to DQC (driver cpc card) expiry dates

This is how it will work under the current DSA system -

Lets say you pass both PCV inital dcpc modules 3 (practical drive) and 4 (practical dcpc test) on 20th October 2011 (20/10/2011)
A DQC gets issued to you with LGV expiry at 09/09/2014 and PCV expiry at 19/10/2016
You complete all 35 hours of periodic dcpc at any time before 09/09/2014 and a new DQC will be issued with both LGV & PCV expiry dates at 19/10/2021

With an expiry date of 19/10/2021, no more periodic dcpc training can be counted until 20/10/2016, so don’t do any more until that date
Dcpc training only counts for the 5 years prior to an exoiry date

A DQC gets issued to you when you have passed both the practical modules 3 & 4 of the initial PCV dcpc and there is no need to send anything as the DSA tell the DVLA electronically

ROG:

Smart Mart:

A D1 with a 101 restriction code is not valid for dcpc aquired/grandfather rights

OK Rog - that’s why I wondered. :slight_smile: