INITIAL CPC

Can anyone just make this clear.

After passing the initial cpc, do you get 5 years training free then after 5 years you have to start the periodic training.

i think we have to complete 35 hours of training within 5 years of passing or we lose the entitlement

im not the brightest bulb in the box so could be wrong

If you passed the CPC module 4 test today you would be sent a Driver Qualification Card (DQC) valid for 5 years direct from the DVLA. You would then have until 01/03/2015 to complete the 35 hours CPC periodic training. If you managed this you would be sent a new DQC valid until 01/03/2020.

If you did not finish the 35 hours by that date then you would not be able to continue driving in a professional capacity until you had. If you completed the 35 hours after 01/03/2015 the new card would be valid for 5 years from the date you completed it.

LGVTrainer:
If you passed the CPC module 4 test today you would be sent a Driver Qualification Card (DQC) valid for 5 years direct from the DVLA. You would then have until 01/03/2015 to complete the 35 hours CPC periodic training. If you managed this you would be sent a new DQC valid until 01/03/2020.

If you did not finish the 35 hours by that date then you would not be able to continue driving in a professional capacity until you had. If you completed the 35 hours after 01/03/2015 the new card would be valid for 5 years from the date you completed it.

Now what can I add to that answer… hmmm… NOWT :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

ROG:
Now what can I add to that answer… hmmm… NOWT :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Now theres a First…oooops sorry

Just to add to this. The DSA will only issue you with your Driver Qualification Card once you’ve passed all 4 Modules:

Example: 1a + 1b + 2 + 4. DSA will not issue your DQC until you’ve passed Module 3 as the Driver CPC is not required on Provisional Driving Entitlements.

As a result your Driver CPC will in addition start its 5 year validity from the date Module 3 is passed (for the example above).

Richard
:slight_smile:

sort of makes sense as - why would a non LGV driver need a DQC if they did not have the LGV licence to go with it

TBH - this is unlikely to affect many newbies