Initial CPC mod 2

Have this in the 10th of this month and was told (by my training school) there is no reading material for it and its not a pass/fail test but after looking it up it seems it is a pass/fail test, anyone clarify this and if so tell me what I should be reading up on please.

A few free examples drivingtheory4all.co.uk/Publ … er-CPC.htm or more if you take up the free 30 day trial

Fanks Rog, found a few thingies but they never seem to bloody work lol, also couldn’t see a thanks button if I missed it apologies and if it doesn’t exist, well it should!

I had mine yesterday. It is pass/fail. 50 multiple choice questions based on about 7/8 case studies. There is plenty of online study material. I used www.drivingtheoryforall.co.uk for all my training. To be honest it was so easy. Most of it is just common sense and even with very little study it’s easy to pass.

Hello mate, I did my mod 2 today and managed a pass. If you’ve already done your main multi choice theory you should be ok as this is pretty much the same format. Id say 70% of the questions are the easy stuff you do in your mod 1 25% of questions wont be but are common sense anyway ( You’ll probably need that for driving HGVs :stuck_out_tongue: ) and 5% wont be in any of the reading material made available by the DSA. There were quite a few questions in mine about how to load vehicles and how to treat loads so it would be worth trying to brush up on that.

Its 40 out of 50 to pass and I remember flagging 10 questions on my test which meant a pass weather I got them right or not. Best you can do is to just keep revising like you would for your mod 1 and get a good nights sleep the night before. Its also a good idea to drink water and have something light to eat before going in, it deffo helps brain function.

Good luck!

Of the whole LGV / CPC training world the Mod2 test is the 1 thing I really don’t believe in. Most people fail it. Our 4 year 1st time pass rate is around 25-30%. By far lower than any other test inc Cat C & CE. So what is my issue.

Having now personally taught well over 100 days periodic CPC for 4 different approved providers inc ours the reality is that new younger drivers need the knowledge and experiences that a day with other drivers offers. I do know the older drivers benefit but not as much as new drivers would. Many will say that because we sell the training I would say that but there is a massive reality coming. This time next year VOSA will become a lot richer when countless drivers are pulled and fixed & graduated fines will take many drivers wages away on a regular basis.

To avoid this you will need the knowledge and that is why we are developing a 7 hour course covering the Mod2 syllabus. This will allow new drivers to meet experience and really start to understand this game.

Good luck if you’re testing this week.

If you fail the test you probably can’t count past 10.

I had to do mine again (Had HGV for a while, converted to PCV) and was allocated 75 mins to do the test. I was back in the car within 15 minutes.

The first question was:

What is this a picture of?

It was a big, red, double deck bus.

Most of the time you can click the answer without reading the questions they are so incredibly mundane.

John can help the environment by:

A. Increasing his emissions
B. Decreasing his emmissions

Nuff said.

I still wonder why mod 2 is not a test on the drivers hours regs which is the one thing that a driver will need

Lots of questions on here about drivers hours …

Thanks for the input guys, didn’t know about the flagging I thought it was just to go back to said question if you weren’t sure, you made it sound like a get out clause lol I am aware of the common sense side of it so that doesn’t really bother me its the rest of it, I don’t like not knowing cause if I don’t know there is more chance to be caught off guard and fail which is gonna ■■■■ as I’m sponsored so it’s not my money.
The thing I’m stuck on most is drivers hours both foreign and domestic simply because I don’t use them at the moment, I know its 9 hours drive plus 6 work total 15 but question is how many times can you do this? If memory serves its two fifteens and three thirteens but would I hedge that on passing a test? Then you have rest periods, periods of availability, what the symbols mean on a tacho etc. As i haven’t yet done a lot of things most drivers would class as standard so I feel stupid when I ask cause its like now I’ve passed class 2 I should be expected to know. Was also told to brush up on foreign hours incase I go outside of EU which will probably never ever happen