infringements

had a fairly close shave with breaks… got stuck in a big jam lately and made it to somewhere with just a few minutes to go before my 45min break.
had I overshot my driving by say 2 or 3 mins. is that still a big infringement and fine?

Yeah , about £1000 per minute I think , also jail if over 5 :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

I get off lightly then…
thought i’d be lashed to the front of a wagon as an example to others…lol

There is a exception to the rules in these sorts of cases, if you are unable to make it to a safe place before your time runs out due to unforeseen events then you are allowed to go over until such time as you can find a place to stop. All you need to do it once you have stopped is to make a note of it. Either take out your tacho if its analogue and write on the back your reason or take a print out if its a digi and write on that. Keep it your normal 28 days and you should be fine.

Source:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/208091/rules-on-drivers-hours-and-tachographs-goods-vehicles-in-gb-and-europe.pdf

I misjudged a route 1 day think I went over a few min when I stopped there was VOSA I spoke to them on a different matter then explained my situation the manager asked it it was analog or digi then she said not to worry as there is some time allowed for this

But then we could just hang draw & quarter you :laughing: :laughing:

Shame on you getting an infringement… :grimacing: :grimacing: Just make a note on the back of the printout at the end of the day.

(Am just wondering how long before this topic turns into a marathon one :grimacing: )

Lusk:
Shame on you getting an infringement… :grimacing: :grimacing: Just make a note on the back of the printout at the end of the day.

(Am just wondering how long before this topic turns into a marathon one :grimacing: )

That wouldn’t comply with the rules though - the note needs to be made straight away - i.e. once you have reached the safe stopping place, not at the end of the shift.