Infringements

This morning whilst at work I got called in to the office to discuss my infringements. Apparently I exceded the WTD rules.

I started at 23.45 and got my paperwork at just gone midnight so booked 15 minutes POA, did my delivery and had a further POA of 82 minutes waiting for my next run. At 07.07 I took a 50 minute break (wrote in my diary where I log everything) This for some reason has logged as driving on the tachoghraph. I asked them to check the tracker on the vehicle and it clearly showed I was parked up in the services at that time.

Has anyone had anything similar happen and where do I stand?

merchantofdoom:
This morning whilst at work I got called in to the office to discuss my infringements. Apparently I exceded the WTD rules.

I started at 23.45 and got my paperwork at just gone midnight so booked 15 minutes POA, did my delivery and had a further POA of 82 minutes waiting for my next run. At 07.07 I took a 50 minute break (wrote in my diary where I log everything) This for some reason has logged as driving on the tachoghraph. I asked them to check the tracker on the vehicle and it clearly showed I was parked up in the services at that time.

You say that a 50 minute break has been logged on the tachograph as driving time, have you checked a printout or are you going by the analysis software ?

I’ve never heard of a digital tachograph logging a 50 minute break as driving time but if it really has the tachograph should be defected.

As you say you got a WTD infringement and have only mentioned one break is it correct to assume that you never reached 4½ hours driving during the day, or was the infringement really for insufficient breaks ?

As for “where do I stand?”, it’s an infringement so unless you get lots of them it’s nothing to worry about, a possibly faulty tachograph is of far more concern.

tachograph:

merchantofdoom:

You say that a 50 minute break has been logged on the tachograph as driving time, have you checked a printout or are you going by the analysis software ?

I’ve never heard of a digital tachograph logging a 50 minute break as driving time but if it really has the tachograph should be defected.

As you say you got a WTD infringement and have only mentioned one break is it correct to assume that you never reached 4½ hours driving during the day, or was the infringement really for insufficient breaks ?

As for “where do I stand?”, it’s an infringement so unless you get lots of them it’s nothing to worry about, a possibly faulty tachograph is of far more concern.

It was from the analysis software, and I don’t have the printout now as it has been handed in.

I took my break as I was due a WTD break and hadn’t exceeded the 4.30 driving time. I took 50 minutes to take me to the 9 hours WTD and reset my driving time as I wouldn’t of made it back on my driving time left.

I was parked in the services at the time it said I was driving for exactly 50 minutes and as far as i’m aware nobody else has had a problem whilst driving this vehicle.

merchantofdoom:
It was from the analysis software, and I don’t have the printout now as it has been handed in.

It may be worth doing a printout from your driver card for the date in question to see what it recorded for those 50 minutes.

To do a printout on a Siemens tachograph press “OK” to diplay the driver 1 printout option then press “OK” again, then scroll to the date in question.