Infringements

Is it a legal requirement of any kind for companies to provide drivers with details of any infringements they have on their card etc, or is this just good pratice and up to them whether they do it?

It’s the Transport managers job to, not only inform you of infringements, but also explain them

One of the undertakings when applying for an O licence is as follows;

The operator licence holder is expected to have a good understanding of tachograph legislation, drivers’ hours rules and must have a formal, auditable process that ensures tachograph data is collected, analysed and corrective action taken where infringements occur. This is a legal requirement when operating vehicles.

By informing drivers of infringements in writing they will have some evidence to show they have systems in place to comply with the “analysed and corrective action taken” requirement.

Thats what i thought. My friend use to work for a company where it was quite common for people to go over driving hours by half hour, to an hour without a break on regular basis, he only worked there for 6months but had some big infringements on his card but not once was given a sheet to fill out, he told them that there must be something wrong as he knew he had gone over but they told him he didnt have any.

Could this be explained in anyway?

Saaamon:
Thats what i thought. My friend use to work for a company where it was quite common for people to go over driving hours by half hour, to an hour without a break on regular basis, he only worked there for 6months but had some big infringements on his card but not once was given a sheet to fill out, he told them that there must be something wrong as he knew he had gone over but they told him he didnt have any.

There’s a very simple explanation … your friends former TM is an incompetent idiot :wink:

I have to say though that if the drivers really do knowingly go over the driving limits by as much as you say and on a regular basis then they’re as daft as the TM is.

tachograph:

Saaamon:

There’s a very simple explanation … your friends former TM is an incompetent idiot :wink:

I have to say though that if the drivers really do knowingly go over the driving limits by as much as you say and on a regular basis then they’re as daft as the TM is.

+1

tachograph:

Saaamon:

I dont think he fully realised the seriousness of it untill after he left. Cheers though, yes the TM was apprently was a “c u next tuesday”. Will pass the comments on, cheers.