infringements

I know I should not ask this but has any driver ever managed to get rid of infringements,[apart from burning your card of course,lol]if not are they on there for good

They are on there until they get overwritten, that could be for as long as a year.

At the roadside they generally wouldn’t check back more than 28 days. Due to the Time-bar Statute anything over 6 months, unless falsification or fraud will be ignored.

Coffeeholic:
They are on there until they get overwritten, that could be for as long as a year

Or more :wink:

nick2008:

Coffeeholic:
They are on there until they get overwritten, that could be for as long as a year

Or more :wink:

Indeed.

truckman020:
I know I should not ask this but has any driver ever managed to get rid of infringements,[apart from burning your card of course,lol]if not are they on there for good

You would also need to set fire to the vehicle unit and the office computer to hide all trace.

I picked up a pile of infringments back in october. I did approx 5 shifts a week for a month and my card had no infringments on it after about a month. Depends on how much data you put on it

The-Snowman:
I picked up a pile of infringments back in october. I did approx 5 shifts a week for a month and my card had no infringments on it after about a month. Depends on how much data you put on it

You’d have to change activities an awful lot to overwrite the card in a month.

I was told in Dcpc:
Card holds 28 days of data. That is 28 working days.

Tacho unit holds 1 year data in his memory block in yer vehicle.

More data should be stored in yer office.

Rumors taking place that new type of tacos coming to market. Bluetooth. Meaning that all data from yer vehicle can be downloaded just by following you on the road. Scary :open_mouth:

They now have Bluetooth esp and can your check your dilated eyeballs from the slip road to see if your telling fibs or misbehaving. Bob told me on my dinner hour,so beware!!!

The-Snowman:

The legislation for the card storing a minimum of 28 days is based on 93 activity changes per day. You say you did 5 shifts per week for a month and your data was overwritten and the infringements gone?

So based on approximately 20 shifts you are looking at somewhere in the region of 130 activity changes per shift, roughly 10 per hour. Not a chance. Those infringements will still be on your card if they only happened in October.

Most cards will go back 10-12 months and some longer. Next time your card is in a unit scroll back and see how far you go, I’d be surprised if it didn’t go back to October, that’s only about 6 months.

Dan ze Man:
I was told in Dcpc:
Card holds 28 days of data. That is 28 working days.

Tacho unit holds 1 year data in his memory block in yer vehicle.

More data should be stored in yer office.

Rumors taking place that new type of tacos coming to market. Bluetooth. Meaning that all data from yer vehicle can be downloaded just by following you on the road. Scary :open_mouth:

Pretty much everything you were told on the DCPC is ■■■■■■■■. And the RDC Bluetooth thing has been covered on here many times.

Coffeeholic:
They are on there until they get overwritten, that could be for as long as a year.

At the roadside they generally wouldn’t check back more than 28 days. Due to the Time-bar Statute anything over 6 months, unless falsification or fraud will be ignored.

good to know, cheers

The-Snowman:

I was picking one up around every 2 weeks over the last 4 month,once or twice at 4 hrs 31 min,2 or 3 of them was because of the wagon I drove,if you put it on break and take the keys out to go to the shop it would revert back to cross hammers automatically,so when you get back in after 45 you normally drive off, result no break showing,company said they are aware of it but nothing has been done to rectify it,i am not the only one to be caught out by this particular wagon,and apparently it would cost them money to sort it out

weeto:

truckman020:

You would also need to set fire to the vehicle unit and the office computer to hide all trace.

tempting lol,