Infringements - Consequences

just wondering what action has been taken against anyone here for going over your driving time, or anything else vosa/dvsa related?

hear/see stories on here of fines etc but never knew anyone who actually got fined

I’m mainly talking about tacho stuff

I’ve only ever worked for big companies so almost always get waved on at roadside checks, and any infringements are dealt with in house by signing a sheet of paper

daffyd:
and any infringements are dealt with in house by signing a sheet of paper

Err nope! That’s just your company covering their ■■■, you are signing that sheet so they can prove to the DVSA or TC that they have fulfilled their duty to inform a driver of any and all infringements.

If the DVSA looked into you or your company and found infringements they could still “do” you for it and could pull you in front of the TC if they deemed it appropriate, so no it hasn’t been “dealt with” by your company at all!

any, not many :exclamation:

daffyd:

typo :stuck_out_tongue: Brain meant “any” fingers decided on “many” :laughing:

edited original post.

here you go fella

gov.uk/government/uploads/s … posits.pdf

Reef:

daffyd:

typo :stuck_out_tongue: Brain meant “any” fingers decided on “many” :laughing:

edited original post.

haha :smiley:

Post by stevieboy308 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:46 am
here you go fella

gov.uk/government/uploads/s … posits.pdf

interesting, thankyou

in the early 90;s I was done for working too hard
not taking week rest exceedingly 4.5 drive
8 days continuous drive
11 days continous drive
on 4.5 I only stopped for 30 min brekky before doing
another 4 then was stopped for 90mn wait
continuous drive would have been more but
waiting 24 hr for load in Germany
and then another 24 cos of bank holiday here
£150 fine £30 costs

…and today it would be a whole lot more ££££

I would imagine it would depend on the offense and how much over you went. 15 or less over your drive time you may be able to explain that away by saying you were looking for a safe place to park, I say may as they can just as easily turn round and say you had plenty of time before that to park up. If you are taking the mick i.e. driving for 7 hours straight then they will throw the book at you so hard it will knock teeth out.

If something bad happens like a crash involving you, then being overtime on your tachometer will make any consequences about 10 times worse.

How do all, new on here, so sorry if this has been asked before.
Am I legally required to sign an infringement notice or is it sufficient that my Company have brought it to my attention and I fully understand it?

Thanks in advance

Ian

If the infringement is correct then sign it.

People need to stress less. I have never had a fine as they all have their own way of doing things. One didn’t fine me as the ininfringements were more then 30 days old.

It all depends where you come from I was pulled by vosa at Stafford and they had a Latvian driver with numerous infringements for not enough weekly and daily rest,he had shipped in from Calais after 6 hrs break and was heading to manchester,the vosa man explained that he would be parked up for a minimum of 24hrs and would be fined in line with his situation.meaning about £50.
I asked what about if it was me he just laughed and said what do you think!!
There doesn’t seem to be any info on the fines dished out to foreign drivers by vosa but Stafford is full of trucks at the weekends,it’s only the high profile cases that make the news