infringement?

Hello tners
03:30 start 16:30 Finnish
Total driving less than 2.5 hours in the day.
15 minute wtd break at 09:29.
Further 15 minute wtd break at 15:00

I know I could have used poa. I know I could have shown more breaks
I received an infringement.

Is this correct?

Thanks
SD

Yes, you worked more than 9 hours so needed breaks totalling 45 mins for the WTD.

AJF3011:
Yes, you worked more than 9 hours so needed breaks totalling 45 mins for the WTD.

+1

Assuming everything inbetween breaks us other work and not POA?

I agree with the previous posts. WTD if working over 9 hours you must take total of 45 minutes. You could have taken 3X15 minute breaks as you had not reached your 4.5 hours driving. All you need to know at the link below.

driverhours.co.uk/working-time-directive/

T

Just curious…

Why would you work for 13 hours and only take a 30 minute break?

Fair question.

Didn’t want to give them any reason to deduct more / and I thought I was complying.

Don’t matter…

Who you work for, you’ll never give them enough of your blood sweat and tears.

Don’t worry about the infringement, if the ministry man ever sees it, he’ll probably just laugh at you and wave you out of the lay-by.

This. The infringement is more of a backside covering than anything. Don’t know anyone who has been done for it save where a company has been hauled over the coals because they’ve got a load of tacho and/or operators vehicle maintenance issues as well.

If you’re doing a 13hr shift I’d take 15 minutes before 6hrs then another 30 minutes in the next 4/5hrs then you reset your 4.5hrs driving as well just in case something unforeseen happens and you end up doing more driving than normal.

Problem when companies deduct breaks that you legally have to have. Encourages drivers to push it.

Come on mate, not being funny and it’s noones business but yer own…

But a 13 HR shift with 2 X 15 minutes breaks? Regardless of whether your paid for breaks or not thats just madness

As they say “dont kill yourself for a job where you’d be replaced in 24 hours”

And to make it worse, an 0330 start. When I do anything before 5am I’m stopped 2 hrs into my shift for an half HR nap

Speedy Duck:
Hello tners
03:30 start 16:30 Finnish
Total driving less than 2.5 hours in the day.
15 minute wtd break at 09:29.
Further 15 minute wtd break at 15:00

I know I could have used poa. I know I could have shown more breaks
I received an infringement.

Is this correct?

Thanks
SD

Company internal infringement? - if yes then what is the company policy on them?
Authorities not bothered so no worries there

As it was a pre 0400 start is there a company night work opt out in force ? - assuming you recorded more than 10 hours of driving/other work in that shift